Load First Tune

Reaction score
This is the first time I've had a "Load First" tune on my SCT Livewire. Tried searching, couldn't find the "Loading Tunes For Dummies" thread.

Just to make sure I'm right, after loading the "Load First" the second tune loads over the top of it without going back to stock?

Almost forgot, it's a 2011 and a recent Jenny Craig graduate.

Last edited:

f100cleveland

Reaction score
This is the first time I've had a "Load First" tune on my SCT Livewire. Tried searching, couldn't find the "Loading Tunes For Dummies" thread.

Just to make sure I'm right, after loading the "Load First" the second tune loads over the top of it without going back to stock?

After going on the diet, the Load First tune is required. So yes, load that first and then your diet tune and you'll be good to go. It'll only go back to stock if you Return to Stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score

yep, with pip and tyrant that's how they load ! load first then whatever power level you like ! enjoy !

f100cleveland

Reaction score
What does it do? I have never loaded it first on mine.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I'm gonna assume it disables the the sensors that are monitoring the pollution control crap.

The H&S basically does the same thing, you just don't have a choice. It writes its own tune before you are able to load a custom one.

But I could be WAY off.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm gonna assume it disables the the sensors that are monitoring the pollution control crap.

The H&S basically does the same thing, you just don't have a choice. It writes its own tune before you are able to load a custom one.

But I could be WAY off.

yeah you are way off LOL

it's just a tuner preference thing .

David1089

Reaction score
Hey guys. So I recently received the latest V8 tunes from pip, not the 8.02. And after calling and talking to them. Dave told me they no longer need the "load first" tune as long as you have the latest version of the firmware on the X4. Just chiming in with something I learned.

8WR_ZJ

Reaction score
Did a search and this thread came up. I have questions about the SCT livewire. I am looking to visit the weight watchers clinic not for performance but for towing our 44' toy hauler. Recently truck went into limp mode 400 miles from home because fault in D3F system. It took 2 days out of our 5 day trip to get thing sorted out and back on the road. I do not want this to happen again. Back to the livewire, would this be a good choice? I was thinking $partan but now that they are no longer providing services I am looking elsewhere. I want to be able to monitor gauges and still clear DTC if the come up. I like the use of the EGT probe in the block off plate. Can this be done with the SCT livewire? Most of all I want to retain the factory exhaust brake. I know that limits my tuning options greatly. Are there tuning options available for the Livewire that will still allow me to use the EB? Thanks for any and all help.

Reaction score
Did a search and this thread came up. I have questions about the SCT livewire. I am looking to visit the weight watchers clinic not for performance but for towing our 44' toy hauler. Recently truck went into limp mode 400 miles from home because fault in D3F system. It took 2 days out of our 5 day trip to get thing sorted out and back on the road. I do not want this to happen again. Back to the livewire, would this be a good choice? I was thinking $partan but now that they are no longer providing services I am looking elsewhere. I want to be able to monitor gauges and still clear DTC if the come up. I like the use of the EGT probe in the block off plate. Can this be done with the SCT livewire? Most of all I want to retain the factory exhaust brake. I know that limits my tuning options greatly. Are there tuning options available for the Livewire that will still allow me to use the EB? Thanks for any and all help.

Get an Ez Lynk

ncollins64

Reaction score
^whs. I personally don't like the livewire. There not user friendly IMO. I had a mini and liked it and now have ez lync with a iPad mini and will not go back. It can monitor anything I want and up to 8 things at a time.

8WR_ZJ

Reaction score
Thank you for the suggestions and the comments on the SCT. As or right now just the ezlynk will cost more than 1500 with the SOTF cable. That's a steep price IMO. Then I would have to buy a Apple product to monitor my gauges. Upside is PPEI is about 15 minutes from my house.

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
Thank you for the suggestions and the comments on the SCT. As or right now just the ezlynk will cost more than 1500 with the SOTF cable. That's a steep price IMO. Then I would have to buy a Apple product to monitor my gauges. Upside is PPEI is about 15 minutes from my house.

EZ-LYNK is Android compatible now.

8WR_ZJ

Reaction score
Great that is a plus. They need to update their websites.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Great that is a plus. They need to update their websites.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

If you want SCT, better off to get an X4 and CTS2 Insight to monitor with. The Livewire is junk. The originals are ok but all the newer ones seem to have problems. Touch screen goes out, etc.

But at $1349 it's hard to beat Ez Lynk.

Latest posts

Members online