Forscan for 2020's?

Wayne

Reaction score
I just tried to use my forscan on a customer's 2020 to adjust the TPMS, and it was unrecognized. Do we just need to wait for coverage, or is the rumor about blocked access true? Hoping one of you have already got it figured out, especially since I'll be switching out to 50 psi max pressure tires on mine within the next month or so.

superpsd

Reaction score
Some of the addressing has changed on the 2020s. The new addressing has not been mapped out. Some have already made changes to the 2020s using Forscan so no it's not locked out. Also for example the 2020s are said to have two BCMs instead of one. I have not made any changes myself as all I have done with forscan on my 2020 is make sure I can read DTCs and PIDs

Wayne

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. When my truck (that I ordered clear back on 8/15/19) finally shows up, I'll have to get serious. I sure appreciate the guys who take the time to reverse engineer the programming. It's really time consuming. I tried a bit of that trying to convert a '15 F250 with 4 channel ABS to a 3 channel dually system. I ended up swapping PCMs, BCMs, ABS modules, etc. since I couldn't figure out the coding to make it all happy.

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
Some of the addressing has changed on the 2020s. The new addressing has not been mapped out. Some have already made changes to the 2020s using Forscan so no it's not locked out. Also for example the 2020s are said to have two BCMs instead of one. I have not made any changes myself as all I have done with forscan on my 2020 is make sure I can read DTCs and PIDs

Can you attach, forscan log? i'm curious on what modules were added to the 2020s. Didn't get to one yet..

superpsd

Reaction score
I downloaded the current version of forscan which does not have the updated module list. I was mostly concerned with ability to read DTCs and PIDs. A member of another forum said he contacted forscan and they gave him the updated version which is not actually ready fkr release.

Wayne

Reaction score
What was the purpose of the trying to do this conversion??

To convert an F250 to a Dana 80 rear end dually, to increase towing capability, and get a re-gear done at the same time. Srw pickups are 4 channel abs (sensors at all 4 corners), and duallies have only one sensor in the rear end, like all the 2010 & older rigs

HeavyAssault

Reaction score
To convert an F250 to a Dana 80 rear end dually, to increase towing capability, and get a re-gear done at the same time. Srw pickups are 4 channel abs (sensors at all 4 corners), and duallies have only one sensor in the rear end, like all the 2010 & older rigs

Got ya. :popcorn::popcorn:

co04cobra

Reaction score

We ran into the exact same thing changing a 15 350 truck over to a 550 for a rollback build. We built it that way to have pickup engine, turbo etc...but on a 19,500 gvw frame.

We haven’t completely finished it yet. Was hoping to reflash the abs module and/or bcm to a as built 3 channel vin with IDS but not 100% sure that will work. Any other info that you have on that swap would be great.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Im not sure that some of the stuff even on the 18s has been fixed. For example I have not been able to get into the IPC module on my wifes expedition to activate the brake controller. I had to take it to the dealers.

I hope this gets resolved TPMS is very important to me LOL

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
Im not sure that some of the stuff even on the 18s has been fixed. For example I have not been able to get into the IPC module on my wifes expedition to activate the brake controller. I had to take it to the dealers.

I hope this gets resolved TPMS is very important to me LOL

Send in logs to the forscan team. He'll look it over and add support for which ever vehicles that forscan doesn't currently work on.

CMCx2012

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. When my truck (that I ordered clear back on 8/15/19) finally shows up, I'll have to get serious. I sure appreciate the guys who take the time to reverse engineer the programming. It's really time consuming. I tried a bit of that trying to convert a '15 F250 with 4 channel ABS to a 3 channel dually system. I ended up swapping PCMs, BCMs, ABS modules, etc. since I couldn't figure out the coding to make it all happy.

Well said! I too am very appreciative of the fact that these guys take the time to help us all out.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
what all did you do? I need to change tpms and want to enable fog lights with high beams, and so far, no luck

i was able to do both of those things

I also added *** filter level to the dash, temperature over the coolant gauge. Seat belt chime. I think that was about it.. The only thing that didnt work was disabling the horn honk with your key in your pocket

Latest posts

Members online