2019 F450 Service - Water Separator Question

PsRumors

Reaction score
I have a 2019 450 that will not drain the water separator tank to empty so that the filter / separator can be replaced. When I open the water drain fuel drains continuously. I've tried with a 1/4 tank of fuel and a full tank of fuel but no matter how long the water drain valve is open fuel continues to flow, drained 7 gallons this AM before giving up.

I've tried with the fuel cap open / closed. I've tried by changing the under hood filter first and not. I've tried breaking the seal on the separator but fuel flow just increases and runs out from the sealing area.

We have 4 other 450s, a 550 and a 350 with this same fuel setup and none of the others do this.

Thoughts?

Diesel625

Reaction score
Does it have dual dual tanks? Ive never seen it, but a buddy said that happened to him once. What he did was first crack all the bolts lose on the housing to start dripping fuel, then he opened the drain valve. He said it hasn’t happened again. He mentioned something about a check valve and creating a vacuum.

PsRumors

Reaction score
Does it have dual dual tanks? Ive never seen it, but a buddy said that happened to him once. What he did was first crack all the bolts lose on the housing to start dripping fuel, then he opened the drain valve. He said it hasn’t happened again. He mentioned something about a check valve and creating a vacuum.

I've tried that, loosened all 5 bolts and the fuel just keeps draining.

Latest posts

Members online