SCT SOTF (Shift on the fly) GH/AS REVIEW

TexAg56

Reaction score
Just to be clear. When moving the switch from one setting to the next, are you changing entire tunes transmission tuning and all? or is it just changing the amount of fuel?

From what I understand this SOTF is different from what was available on other platforms for sotf??? Any insight would be great. Basically is this just like SOTF with SPRTN and other companies on EZLYNK/ Ngauge/ Ndash or is it different?

NCSU dirt man

Reaction score
So how did you mount it in that cubby hole? My switch wouldn't fit right. That was my original spot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey so attached are the pics i just quickly took. I didn't feel like mocking it all back up as the wife was complaining about getting inside but yea it all works and fits with this switch. I mocked it up Friday afternoon I believe and tested it then to make sure it was functional (as far as reach and turning the knob goes). Just don't feel like arguing with her tonight while I reinstall it lol. I don't think it's gonna be as easy to access as your installation directly on the dash below the steering wheel but I don't think I'll be using it that often either unless I'm towing (1-2 times a week usually at most). But yea here's the pics below and my apologies for how hasty they were. I will try to post up a completed pic once I have uploaded the the new tune and installed the switch again

Attachments

• IMG_2277.JPG
    IMG_2277.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 210
  • IMG_2279.JPG
    IMG_2279.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 211
  • IMG_2280.JPG
    IMG_2280.JPG
    992.8 KB · Views: 221

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Just to be clear. When moving the switch from one setting to the next, are you changing entire tunes transmission tuning and all? or is it just changing the amount of fuel?

From what I understand this SOTF is different from what was available on other platforms for sotf??? Any insight would be great. Basically is this just like SOTF with SPRTN and other companies on EZLYNK/ Ngauge/ Ndash or is it different?

on ours, yes the trans is completely different for each level .

Jomax

Reaction score
Hey so attached are the pics i just quickly took. I didn't feel like mocking it all back up as the wife was complaining about getting inside but yea it all works and fits with this switch. I mocked it up Friday afternoon I believe and tested it then to make sure it was functional (as far as reach and turning the knob goes). Just don't feel like arguing with her tonight while I reinstall it lol. I don't think it's gonna be as easy to access as your installation directly on the dash below the steering wheel but I don't think I'll be using it that often either unless I'm towing (1-2 times a week usually at most). But yea here's the pics below and my apologies for how hasty they were. I will try to post up a completed pic once I have uploaded the the new tune and installed the switch again

Yeah, I see now how you're able to fit it in there, my switch is way bigger.

NCSU dirt man

Reaction score
Yeah, I see now how you're able to fit it in there, my switch is way bigger.

yea sorry I couldn't be of more help man. hoping either way both switches will work out for us though. I'm just hoping the trans tuning on this new SOTF tune is nice. idk who Rudy's has writing them and they wouldn't say either

Jomax

Reaction score
yea sorry I couldn't be of more help man. hoping either way both switches will work out for us though. I'm just hoping the trans tuning on this new SOTF tune is nice. idk who Rudy's has writing them and they wouldn't say either

Oh you're good, I appreciate the pics! So far my switch works out great, I liked that I didn't have to tap into any wires, it just plugs into the IAT plug. Nice and clean.

At least for GH, trans tuning is great. Shifting isn't super hard, just right.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score

weird that they wont say. LOL

dcswetman

Reaction score
I'm still curious as to who is doing the tuning for them. Can't believe it hasn't been said yet. Might it be the Facebook tuning god LOL

NCSU dirt man

Reaction score
weird that they wont say. LOL

I'm still curious as to who is doing the tuning for them. Can't believe it hasn't been said yet. Might it be the Facebook tuning god LOL

I guess I should clarify that... when I asked the individual said he didn't know who was writing the tunes. I just didn't push it after that thinking maybe they wanted to avoid attention? Idk I will review the tune once my friend with his PC and SCT downloader program come thru. Mike if it seems to be a less than desirable tune I will gladly give you a shout for a GH tune potentially as it seems Jomax is very satisfied. The only reason I've purchased from Rudy's for the tuner/exhaust/block off plates and and now SOTF is that they're local/in-state, I started out buying from them back when I first got the truck and their prices seem fairly competitive with all those publicly advertised by everyone else. But again if I'm unhappy I'll give you a shout. You guys and the Midwest group appear to be the most involved vendors on this forum and I appreciate the feedback y'all have for us

Jomax

Reaction score
Anyone have any interest in a 0-60 in each tune?

I'll also have track times this month at the NHRDA season opener.

Ronman

Reaction score
For current customers running GH on their sct x4, what do we need to purchase to have sotf. Looks like jomax got me sold
$300 , price includes tunes and switch !

Am I reading correctly, this will work with the SCT X4?

Jomax

Reaction score
For current customers running GH on their sct x4, what do we need to purchase to have sotf. Looks like jomax got me sold

Am I reading correctly, this will work with the SCT X4?

You'll love it!

Used it yesterday. Let my sister use my truck yesterday so I quickly put it back to stock. When she handed the keys back, she told me something is wrong it, it's not as fast as it once was.... LOL.

Latest posts

Members online