SCT SOTF (Shift on the fly) GH/AS REVIEW

Kenz

Reaction score
How is the SOTF working for everyone? I would like to pull the trigger on it. Trying to figure out between GH or Tyr*nt tunes.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
How is the SOTF working for everyone? I would like to pull the trigger on it. Trying to figure out between GH or Tyr*nt tunes.

key ken ! been working well on both ! they've worked together on this project.

Kenz

Reaction score
Cool to hear Mike. Luke got me setup with a test file for Tyr*nt and the latest for GH. The Tyr*nt was pretty good but definitely smoked more than I am used to. Loaded the GH yesterday and I think something is wrong with the tune. From a complete stop and taking off its like a 4 second delay where the truck is like crawling along then it winds up and breaks the tires loose. I'll have to give you a call next week about that. Also does the trans shifting change with each power level.

sootie

Reaction score
Cool to hear Mike. Luke got me setup with a test file for Tyr*nt and the latest for GH. The Tyr*nt was pretty good but definitely smoked more than I am used to. Loaded the GH yesterday and I think something is wrong with the tune. From a complete stop and taking off its like a 4 second delay where the truck is like crawling along then it winds up and breaks the tires loose. I'll have to give you a call next week about that. Also does the trans shifting change with each power level.

what air intake are you running?

blackseven

Reaction score

Have the same lag problem with stock intake and GH tow tune, I've read that three folks are complaining about the same issue on other forums. It's getting better as the truck is warmed up and I put more miles on the tune. Got about 150 miles so far and it seems to be improving the more I drive it. Was told by NL it has something to do with the adaptive transmission learning. I'm going to give it some more time to improve. I don't really want anymore smoke in my tunes so I'd like to get the GH tune dialed in, plus I don't want to spend any more money on tunes if it's not necessary....

Kenz

Reaction score
Called NL did revision and works awesome. Think I like the GH compared to Tyr*nt. But only have Hot Street and Street for now. Definitely like the new GH compared to the old ones I had been using.

Platinumf250

Reaction score

I have the same issues with my GH tunes but I've only ever ran it on "race", or the hottest tune. Don't know how the others act. Also when it shifts it acts like it puts all the tm back into it and cuts the power, then throws you back in the seat again after the shift. Almost like driving a stick shift is what it feels like until its warmed up. Then it still does it but not nearly as bad. Anyone else having this issue with GH? Love the tunes other than that though. Are the new SOTF tunes like that?

04cr450

Reaction score
I had this issue^ but with the standard gh tunes.. tyrant tunes totally different... i believe it may be just what my truck likes.. not sure. Almost felt like a non vgt lag feel down low

brock1129

Reaction score
This is going to sound silly but i lost about 2mpg going with the G/h sotf tuning. anyone else see a decrease in mileage?

8WR_ZJ

Reaction score
Nope i saw an increase in mileage. Hand calc same pump everytime.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
This is going to sound silly but i lost about 2mpg going with the G/h sotf tuning. anyone else see a decrease in mileage?

call the shop we can see if there is anything we can try. its definitely not normal, but not out of the question either.

8WR_ZJ

Reaction score
Have you been "testing" the power output of the tune more frequently???

Kenz

Reaction score
I installed the SOTF with GH tunes. When I put it on the race tune I get a POO7D at start up. I can clear it and it will come back as soon as I start the truck back up. I also occasionally get a P0181 too on any of the settings. The truck seems to run fine. Anyone else have this happen?

8WR_ZJ

Reaction score
I too have been getting the P0181 code now that it has gotten cold its annoying. You can clear it and it comes right back. Is there a fix for this Mike?

BigRed97

Reaction score
I get it any time its below freezing. Really annoying when I dont have a chance to clear it right away and lose the remote start function the for the next morning

thor943

Reaction score

I don’t feel crazy anymore or stupid. I thought it was something I did wrong. I dropped 2mpg hand calculated and my driving style has not changed at all. I even tried to baby it and could get what I was getting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thor943

Reaction score
Nope i saw an increase in mileage. Hand calc same pump everytime.

How much of an increase and which tune was u using prior to these ? I was running IDP getting 18-20 and now I get 15-16

8WR_ZJ

Reaction score
How much of an increase and which tune was u using prior to these ? I was running IDP getting 18-20 and now I get 15-16

I was stock getting 15-17 maybe squeak 18 on a long highway trip. Now I get 17-19 and straight highway trip I've gotten 23.1 back and forth to houston twice on the same tank. I have 1.25 inch shorter than stock tires (not my choice on the tires I was in a bind and all they had in stock for the load rating) and 3.31 gears in my truck. I also do not drive over 75mph unless there is someone that deserves it....

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I too have been getting the P0181 code now that it has gotten cold its annoying. You can clear it and it comes right back. Is there a fix for this Mike?

working on it now, anybody who has experienced this code, pm me .

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online