PTM grill Pics!!

Mcm7.3

Reaction score
Did you cut the factory header panel? And also with the new header panel the grill won't clip at the bottom.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Yea I cut the factory header panel, looks like I might just do the front end conversion considering I have to replace the dented up bumper anyways

juniort444e

Reaction score
Alot of nice front ends here.

Good news tho, buddy of mine just gave me a newer xl grill. It was hanging on his wall in the garage and i said something and he just told me to take it. I offered money and he refused. So i will be buying a newer header panel and making my own RBP style soon as the bumper is done.

BlueWaffle

Reaction score
ptm shell...plastidipped insert

WP_001034.jpg

07_powerstroke

Reaction score
I ordered my plasti dip a while back I haven't gotten it yet but, how did you guys go about doing it just clean it real good and mask it off or what?

big'un

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
This might be a stupid question so if it is tell me. I have a 99 that I put one peice lights on that I can't adjust. If I get an 06 header panel so the lights will sit right can I put my 99 grille on it?

did u do the 05-07 heads? thats what i did in my 99 , and yes u can adjust the lights , just adjusted mine other nite

Mcm7.3

Reaction score
did u do the 05-07 heads? thats what i did in my 99 , and yes u can adjust the lights , just adjusted mine other nite

Well the lights I have are one peice projector lights that listed as 99-07 super duty. On the back of the head lights the adjusters seem like it just focuses the light more not move up or down but I also haven't had time to fool with em much so I might need to just try it again

BK39

Reaction score
It's super easy, just take the grill out, lay it face down, you'll see the clips, it comes out, new one in, slap it back in the truck. You don't really need any directions, it's that easy.

SVTDiesel

Reaction score
I have had the grill as a whole off when I did my lights, but the separating the surround to change to a PTM is what I am referring? There are no clips on my new surround to snap back in. Are you referencing that as well? Thanks!

slc6oh

Reaction score
792d5dde1b63767b35a8838db45f6eaf.jpg

I did a harley grill, had the shell and badge ptm and just plasti dipped the center chrome bars, then hit em with clear.

Vawter

Reaction score
792d5dde1b63767b35a8838db45f6eaf.jpg

I did a harley grill, had the shell and badge ptm and just plasti dipped the center chrome bars, then hit em with clear.

Truck looks great, not normally a fan of the 08 mirrors on these trucks but they really look good on yours. I plasti dipped my whole grille about a year and a half ago. Held up great for a lot longer than I thought it would. Starting to peel pretty good now but that's partly due to the truck being worked on and getting rubbed.

Last edited:

slc6oh

Reaction score
Looking good. How well does the plasti dip hold up to abuse on the grill?

****, sorry just saw this, but as of now, several months and car washes later cant tell yet that its dipped. The rattle can "automotive" clear really helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online