20" Tires for work/mileage

jkidd_39

Reaction score
I just snagged a set of 20inch rims.

I have 331k on the stock 265/75/16s

I pull up to 22k gross. (skid steer, equipment, scrap steel, ect.)

I get around 19mpg highway and really like that. Been running transforce ATs or Bridgestone Revos. Get about 40-50k a set. Had a set of Yokohama ATs and got 75k outta them!

Going to something like a 33 or 35 tire is gonna knock down my mileage and they are pricey so I am looking for some opinions on which tires are gonna last. If I have to drop $350-400 a tire really need them to last since I'm accustomed to $160-185 a tire.

Thanks guys!

jkidd_39

Reaction score
haha.. no.. been on stock rims and stock size tires since I got the truck..

As in I don't know nothing about fancy big rims n tires

TyCorr

Reaction score
Ummm....nothing.

Maybe a nitto dura grappler. People say bfg a/t's but I think they are garbage and wouldnt buy them ever again. Esp for the price. I would think the mickey thompson atz or.the procomp extreme at would wear AND perform well. My.next set will be atz's. Ive got 22k on my baja claws and they are still heavily treaded. When I go to 20s and 35s mt baja atzs WILL be on my truck.

Zaairman

Reaction score
Some 305/55/20s would be a good size for that truck. Stick with a quality brand and they should last just as long as the tires you've been using.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Some 305/55/20s would be a good size for that truck. Stick with a quality brand and they should last just as long as the tires you've been using.

Maybe I should have said something like this. My prejudice of bfg is one.from personal experience. I dont know if they've outgrown their manufacturing problems but I cant recommend them. My buddy has been running them on every truck for 20 years and he jumped ship last week after his third set of bfg km2 came apart internally. He heard something and made an appt and the day before the other rear came apart too. Hes runni.g a 305 something. Whatever will fit.on a stock 3/4 ton chevy. He drivez around Aurora, IL and rarely exceeds 50mph as he lives in a city. Tires had 8k on the set. His have been doing this at under 10k miles since they changed the tread pattern. His last set of the old tread patterned mt's lasted 30k and started clunking. He was running around with two new tread tires for a while. LOL

jkidd_39

Reaction score
Thanks for the help guys.. i think the Toyo Extreme AT's look like the ticket.. just have to come to terms w/ $400 a piece! I'll be a poor man with nice rubber haha

O2ShootTheJ

Reaction score
if you are going with a AT i'd push for the terra grapplers or whatever they are called. My dad just put them on his truck and they are smooth and quiet on the road, and a lot of people get great mileage out of them.

BK39

Reaction score
I put the Toyo AT 305/55 20s on my 08. I'm very happy with them so far. Great looking tire, no noise......etc. BUT....I think they are too wide for my 08factory 20" rims. The tire bubbles in the middle when aired up hard. So if you are getting these, make sure your rim is wider than a 08 factory rim. Toyo's website says they recommend a 9.5" rim. IDK what mine are.

Latest posts

Members online