05 Gage bumper on a 08?

WILD_PHIL

Reaction score
Has any one tried to put a 05 full front end replacement on 08-10? I have a replacement bumper and if I can make it work with some small fabing then I'll do that rather then sell this one to buy another. Bumper is at my dads shop and i haven't had a chance to mock it up yet. Any body tried it?

little luke

Reaction score
Its problly according to what type of bumper it is. I could see something like a road armor looking alright modified. Something like a road armor would be tougher and not sure on how it will look. I believe the bumper is pretty much level across on the 08. The 05 is going to have something like a 6 inch by 48 inch dip in the center for the grill. Not exact on the. Umbers. Im building a bumper right now and forget my specs. Hell if your decent with a touch and a welder and have the time try it if you think it will look good. If not sell it and by one to fit

WILD_PHIL

Reaction score
I believe he has an after market winch bumper off of an 05 that he'd like to make work on an 08 model

Yeah sorry for the confusion guys. You are correct Luke. I think I'm just going to sell this one and buy another that's made for the truck. I'd hate to cut this good bumper up and it not work out. Once again sorry for the confusion and thanks for the help

WILD_PHIL

Reaction score
Luke how much do you have tied up in metal? I'm a pretty good at fabbing up my own chit when I take my time.

little luke

Reaction score
not sure, most is just extra scap I have lieing around. I used 3/8s for the mounts, framed the thing up with 2.5 inch square tubing with 3/8" walls, 1/4 inch for the center section and skid plate, and ten gauge for the sides. I believe a 1/4" 4 by 8 sheet for my local black smith was 220, which is plenty for a bumper. Ive got about 25 tied up in grade 8 bolts, about 5 dollars in expanded metal, and not sure what the food grade stainless pipe cost I'm using for the guard.
It can be done for 300 easily made out of 1/4 inch all around with hardware and thicker metal for the mounts.
The thing that took me the longest was making a mount that use the 3 bolt holes for the stock tow hooks and the four holes for the stock bumper mount

I'll say its nice getting something built that no one else has:)

Latest posts

Members online