7.3L Thermostat Housing Fix.....

Paul@CP_Trucks

Reaction score
Hey guys we have brought a new product on board direct from a PSA/PSN Board member. We have had several problems with the 7.3L Thermostat housings leaking after a water pump job.

Here is the fix for that.
:redspotdance:

The Ford thermostat housing mounting flange is one of two sources for coolant leaks at the thermostat housing to water pump interface. The square cut o-ring that Ford uses is the other source. The Thermostat Housing Flange Reinforcing Ring, (THFR Ring) effectively stiffens the weak thermostat housing flange eliminating any chance of bending. No need to replace your existing bent housing as the THFR Ring will straighten it. The only reason to replace the housing is for excessive corrosion. Stiffening the thermostat housing flange also allows the use of an improved o-ring. The THFR Ring, along with this new style o-ring, effectively eliminates the thermostat housing coolant leaks that plague the 7.3L Powerstroke engine.

Kit contents: 1 - Installation Instructions

1 - THFR Ring

1 - O-ring

3 - Bolts

3 - Washers

The THFR Ring in this kit is made of 304 stainless steel and will not corrode.

The first 25 of these will receive $5 off of your purchase. :ford:

Retail Price: $40

DISCOUNT PRICE: $35

Waterpumpfix1.jpg

Waterpumpfix.jpg
/IMG]

Last edited:

Aljay

Reaction score
Where the eff were you 2 yrs ago mine is held together with silicone. The sealing surface is fubar and it got bent upon removal, I beat it back out and used grey death on it till I could get another.

Jake

Reaction score
Looks cool, I have been lucky, use the torque wrench on them to 80 in lb. I know I'll call ya if I have to do another one!

Sent by smoke signals

UNLIMITED_DIESEL

Reaction score
That is a sweet product! We have also been using the new Ford thermostats. They seal on both sides of the thermostat now instead of just one side. Haven't had a problem yet, but I do like the idea of the reinforcement ring as well. Added insurance against leaks.

01platinum

Reaction score
That is a good idea. If I have any problems I know what to get now.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Paul@CP_Trucks

Reaction score
how would I get one of these?

You should have a PM:naughty:

Looks good to me.

That is a good idea. If I have any problems I know what to get now.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Just lemme know you have my num:ford:

Could have used one of these around Thanksgiving. She is all sealed up now though.

Wish I would have known lol:poke::ford:

Daryl@TDP

Reaction score
Coolant was leaking like a 6.0 but at least not from the HG. I know now and will also let anyone I know with a 7.3 to go this route.

Latest posts

Members online