Accidental over rev -- no boost, slight shutter.

hunter_deal

Reaction score
im in the process of building my truck slightly, 369 sxe, 205/100, driven reg return, and a bunch of other stuff. Hpop went out, replaced and truck ran for a week or so. Had fuel in oil, would only start if the engine was cold, would run until icp dropped to 499.This was all before i tore it down to do the injectors and reg return and all. Suddenly one day the truck starting acting better on its on so i had moved it out of my shop to wash it and drive it around a little bit. would blow sh*t tons of smoke, acted normal (intake, exhaust, ******** srl +, revmax stage 4 full billet triple) Accidentally over revved it being a dumbass and not paying attention, (limiter turned off.) Truck idled ok but had a slight shutter at around 2500rpm or so, no smoke, no boost, seemed to be low on power, ect. What are possible diagnosis'? I dont have a good scanner so I could only read what my livewire would tell me, nothing out of the ordinary. ICP still sucked as it did before, all voltages were good, as were my temps. Thought i would ask around before i put the valve covers back on. Sorry for the lengthy post.

wedge542

Reaction score
valve might have kissed a piston,bent pushrod, need to look at codes, ck icp,ipr, any fine metal in oil.

hunter_deal

Reaction score
yea im thinking a bent pushrod maybe. I read the sticky of symptoms but didnt see anything that sounded like my issue. Praying its not a valve issue.

hunter_deal

Reaction score
Also, no codes on my livewire or my obd2 scanner. And icp wasnt a good way to diagnose since it was already crappy because of my injector issues/hpop problems. When it over revved theres a slight sudden shake and then the low power, no boost, ect. then i cut the truck off and of course it wouldnt start back because it would never build icp when it was hot. may throw in the chromoly 6.4 push rods and new ipr screen and see how it does when im done putting it all together.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Any popping out of intake or exhaust while cranking? What oil filter are you running? Any low pressure issues? Does the idiot gauge bump up while cranking? Can you read rpm and sync?

hunter_deal

Reaction score
no irregular noises while cranking, only use motorcraft filters, oil gauge bumps up while cranking. The big issue is the truck didnt really run before this happened lol. it was just having a random good day and decided to run. Obviously it went back to not starting. Now it's torn down, has new injectors, stand pipes, dummy plugs, driven reg return, coolant filtration, new batteries, waiting to get a 369sxe and all new fluids and filters. so obviously i wont be able to go back to working out this issue until its all put back together, which is why im probably gonna go ahead and get new pushrods and ipr screen just to eliminate those possibilities.

SICKS LITER

Reaction score
Why is your limiter turned off? The rev limiter in the ficm is 4500 ive never had an issue seeing that rpm quite often

Latest posts

Members online