S369sxe vs kc stage 3

Reaction score
What's everyone's preference? I've been leaning forwards kc stage 3 I like vgt a lot for driveabilty but everyone seems to be laying higher numbers with the 369 so my question is who are you guys buying them from on here and what all is needed for running the 369 I guess it mounts differently and need new down pipes? What's the info on this and what are your opinions on the 2 turbos

thewrubelator

Reaction score
Well for starters, you'll need a T4 kit, I'm verey pleased with the Maryland kit, no drain line problems like others. For a housing, if you're daily driving the truck, i would stick to a tighter exhaust, no bigger than a 1.0. .90 seems to run great on mine.

shmoozer

Reaction score
I'm running 205/100's and a 66sxe. On a conservative tow tune from GH I've put down mid 500's. Truck daily drives excellent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shmoozer

Reaction score
I see several guys 205\100's and 369 breaking 700 on fuel more on spray. Maybe we'll go this route

Once I have a built trans in the truck I feel like mid 600's will be easy. Definitely 700 with a little spray.

thewrubelator

Reaction score
Was the Maryland kit pretty straight forward swap pedestal, swap pipes and drop in turbo?

Yup, took my all of 3 hours to take out my old T4 kit, and put the MPD in, With a healthy amount of beer breaks in between! Fit and finish is great! And unlike some kits, comes with EVERYTHING you'll need, nice -6 adapter fitting for the feed line, etc.

Reaction score
Yeah, stock trans/converter. That's the reason for running such a conservative tune. I wanted to keep it alive for as long as possible.

Here's my problem too I'll be on stock trans for a few months after upgrade. In higher fuel tune does it slip or pull decent and just trying to save it.

shmoozer

Reaction score
Here's my problem too I'll be on stock trans for a few months after upgrade. In higher fuel tune does it slip or pull decent and just trying to save it.

I put the tow tune in and left it alone. I have a heavy left foot as it is. And even at that the truck pulls hard. It's surprised quite a few cocky drivers. After an evening in Mexico a couple weeks back the trans is starting to show some signs of slipping.

Latest posts

Members online