Transmission Service

stevens6.7

Reaction score
I'm about to change the filter as well as drain the transmission but not a full flush type of deal, how many quarts should I except to buy to refill the transmission up?

dsmracing1

Reaction score
Reference the AmsOil guy on you tube doing a trans service. It's good to drop the return side of the trans cooler line and flush the oil out from the converter too. Just have to get a release clip from Napa...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stevens6.7

Reaction score
Reference the AmsOil guy on you tube doing a trans service. It's good to drop the return side of the trans cooler line and flush the oil out from the converter too. Just have to get a release clip from Napa...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I believe that's the video I saw, maybe I'll do that while I'm there. The truck only has 40K miles on it.

sootie

Reaction score
Thank you sir. I know to clean off the magnet inside the pan, anything else the youtube didn't inform me of? New gaskets or anything of that nature?

gasket is reusable rubber. tighten the pan bolts from the middle out.

Powderhound

Reaction score
Any of you guys have the Motorcraft part # for the correct trans filter?
2011 F-250

RodneyRocket

Reaction score
Chewed up enforcer 4 patc now I'm in need of a real tranny

Yes, there prolly thousands of trans builders, but who does the best work for a lot of horsepower, I twisted the input shaft on my enforcer 4 from patc, pulled out on the road truck went normally through all gears, got to the big incline on my road and throttled it a bit so it'd downshift, when it did my RPM's weren't nothing crazy, when it downshifted it did the ole spinnerrue, had to grab third on the column and limp mode home, reflashed to stock, nothing but chatter in reverse, donedee.
If that's all they've got then I need more, bigger, better, especially for what they charged me for the build, damn........
Please gimmie some good reputable names and any ideas would be greatly appreciated.....
Thanks!

sootie

Reaction score
Yes, there prolly thousands of trans builders, but who does the best work for a lot of horsepower, I twisted the input shaft on my enforcer 4 from patc, pulled out on the road truck went normally through all gears, got to the big incline on my road and throttled it a bit so it'd downshift, when it did my RPM's weren't nothing crazy, when it downshifted it did the ole spinnerrue, had to grab third on the column and limp mode home, reflashed to stock, nothing but chatter in reverse, donedee.
If that's all they've got then I need more, bigger, better, especially for what they charged me for the build, damn........
Please gimmie some good reputable names and any ideas would be greatly appreciated.....
Thanks!

Call Morgan @ Midwest Diesel & Auto 217-718-6119 not too many-if any has broken his Competition Trans. They also do a street one if your mods arent too crazy.

04MT

Reaction score
I'm about to change the filter as well as drain the transmission but not a full flush type of deal, how many quarts should I except to buy to refill the transmission up?

Drain your fluid into a bucket marked in quarts so you know exactly how much to put back in.

stevens6.7

Reaction score
Any of you guys have the Motorcraft part # for the correct trans filter?
2011 F-250

http://www.sunrisefordparts.com/2011-F-250-Super-Duty-XLT-Filter-p/bc3z7a098b-313176-679111.htm

Item #10, Same as above just a few other things in case you need anything. You can also visit the Sunrise Ford in the Vendor section and they will take care of anything you need!
https://www.sunrisefordparts.com/SRF-2011-F-250-Super-Duty-XLT-8-Cyl-6-7L-Trans-s/458342.htm

Drain your fluid into a bucket marked in quarts so you know exactly how much to put back in.

That's a good idea! I'll remember that for next time!:toast:

banksGTA

Reaction score
I changed my filter today an put back 8qts. The dip stick sucks on these things. I measured it back out of my drain pan to see how much came out since I couldn't find a exact amount anywhere.

Powderhound

Reaction score
I know at some point I seen the amsoilguy video but can not find it anymore. Really just looking for the part number on the tool needed to remove the clip. Would order it online as I'm gonna tackle this project in about 10 days.
Anyone have a link or part number to the needed tool?

8WR_ZJ

Reaction score
I know at some point I seen the amsoilguy video but can not find it anymore. Really just looking for the part number on the tool needed to remove the clip. Would order it online as I'm gonna tackle this project in about 10 days.
I think it is 1/2.

https://youtu.be/rsVjjUIIkgo

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

dsmracing1

Reaction score

Napa and as mentioned, it’s the 1/2 inch one.
aa42078ea55b9aed743fc9940305e76d.jpg

Latest posts

Members online