Fiberglass Bedsides. Need help framing. Ideas and thoughts?

Debono98

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I just ordered my fiberglass bedsides and tailgate. I’m wondering if anyone has pictures of how they’ve framed their beds in or can give me some pointers. What size tubing should I be using?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trqmnstr

Reaction score
Where from?

I look at lmc once a week waiting for bed sides to be made.

Trqmnstr

Reaction score
Sweet, thanks!

If those guys get the word out i bet they will sell a ton of beds.

Derkperk

Reaction score
Way cool!
17bac8cf52ce997045760a9ff9901f20.jpg

https://www.artfiberglass.com/auto/2008FordSuperDuty.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trqmnstr

Reaction score
This has me wondering if it is possible to cut all the outer sheet metal off and somehow affix the fiberglass sides to the original inner metal panels, wheel wells and bed. Maybe some rly hard core epoxy, or just sheet metal screws.

sootie

Reaction score
This has me wondering if it is possible to cut all the outer sheet metal off and somehow affix the fiberglass sides to the original inner metal panels, wheel wells and bed. Maybe some rly hard core epoxy, or just sheet metal screws.

Doesnt that kind of defeat the purpose?? The weight is in the floor, not the sides.

Trqmnstr

Reaction score
Doesnt that kind of defeat the purpose?? The weight is in the floor, not the sides.

Yes it does. I should have mentioned I was thinking for replacement sides for asthetical reasons. Instead of hunting down a whole bed thats just gonna rust out again anyways. Technically it would still drop a lil weight tho. Lol

sootie

Reaction score
Yes it does. I should have mentioned I was thinking for replacement sides for asthetical reasons. Instead of hunting down a whole bed thats just gonna rust out again anyways. Technically it would still drop a lil weight tho. Lol

Ah 10-4. imo the aesthetics arent that good, fiberglass doesn't stay straight and crisp like steel. With glossy paint it looks a tiny bit like molded clay. Rams and other makes can get away with it better than Ford just because of the body shape and lines.

Trqmnstr

Reaction score
Ah 10-4. imo the aesthetics arent that good, fiberglass doesn't stay straight and crisp like steel. With glossy paint it looks a tiny bit like molded clay. Rams and other makes can get away with it better than Ford just because of the body shape and lines.

Makes sense. Thinking about it that is a big ol piece of glass and probably would need support running somewhere to keep it straight.

Oh well, wishfull thinking i guess. After the rust crawls over the OE style flairs ill throw on some cut out flairs. That should buy another few years at least. Lol

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.