Go Back   PowerStrokeArmy > Power Strokes > Aftermarket Super Duty 1999 - Current

Old 01-08-2018, 11:29 AM
Private
Member's Gallery

Default Hydraulic dump kit

Anybody have any experience with making their factory box dump? Iím thinking something like a Pierce Arrow 2T dump kit for a 2018 F350 SRW. The big drawback is relocating fuel nozzle to the wheel well. Iím wondering if I can keep the fill spouts in their original location, but have them not attached to the actual bed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-08-2018, 03:37 PM
Colonel
Member's Gallery

Pierce makes a pretty decent dump kit. I've installed a couple, but not on anything that new-and all flatbed. In that application, I've always just fabricated a bracket to support the fuel fill lines, and mounted it on the frame. Probably doesn't help you much with a stock bed, though.
Have you pulled up any YouTube videos about pierce? There is a lot of info out there for them.
Fwiw, you might consider going up to their 5t unit, depending on what you are planning to haul.
2002 with a couple of mods, grocerygetter
Old 01-08-2018, 09:46 PM
Private
Member's Gallery

Thanks psd. I had thought about the 5 ton units, but from looking at their website it appears that they are for fabricated beds. At least thatís what they show pictures of them being used on. I was also a little concerned about the factory box holding up to that kind of weight being dumped. Thought maybe the 2 ton unit would kind of be a fail safe in that it would not lift too much weight for the factory box.
I will have to check out some YouTube videos on them.
I got an email from a rep at Pierce arrow saying that my idea of keeping the fuel fill lines in their stock location is doable. He said he did it that way on his truck, but on some vehicles the bottom lip of the bed might catch it.
I donít actually have the truck yet, just planning for the near future. I will have to take a look under one and see if it looks like it will work for my particular application.

Old 02-15-2018, 03:13 PM
Private
Member's Gallery

After watching a couple videos I may skip this and use a dump bed insert. It does add 800 lbs. , but it looks like u have to remove the spare tire and either remove the tailgate every time u dump, or get a custom rear bumper if u make the factory box dump.