Pulling cab without lift

option2

Reaction score
I'm to my breaking point with the shop my trucks at. I'm thinking of limping it home and tearing into it myself, I dont have access to a lift but I have a few ideas, wondering if anyone else has done it themselves and if so how did you do it and howd it work?

gotchadollar

Reaction score
I’ve seen people do it with a reach lift through the cab and they had the forks wrapped in carpet and duct tape. It got the job done.

option2

Reaction score
Well if you read my other thread below this one titled 6.4 gurus or something you'll see, too much to type out but I'd like to do the heads, studs, up pipes and maybe go to a single

sootie

Reaction score
Well if you read my other thread below this one titled 6.4 gurus or something you'll see, too much to type out but I'd like to do the heads, studs, up pipes and maybe go to a single

probably diagnose the truck before spending a bunch of money on an engine that doesnt run...

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Almost never lift cabs any more. Unless customer denies lifters and cab is clean

DieselDC

Reaction score
If you want to lift the cab, attachment points if you don’t have a lift are

Two in front at the head lights and two in the back cab. With straps suspended like /\ with either a hoist or under a tree or whatever, it will lift the cab up and off the frame. Safest with a lift though.

GL

—————signature—————
~Don’t overthink something simple~
...:uptight people suck:...

option2

Reaction score
probably diagnose the truck before spending a bunch of money on an engine that doesnt run...
Its been being *diagnosed* and worked on...for 10 damn months, the 15,000$ the super duty center here in town has gotten out of me so far could've put a badass set of heads, dual fuelers and SADP compounds. I'm done letting them **** the dog over a goddamned injector because the "best Ford tech" in the state refuses to listen to me, just this morning I called and asked when I could pick it up and the managers EXACT words were "oh but hes makkng some serious headway on it! He cant even get it to start!" :cursing: yeah on Friday I'm going to pick up a 13 half ton Ford to use for work in the mean time instead of these piece of **** rental chevys and pull my 6.4 apart and rebuild it myself on my own time, even if I work on it one day a month itll be done faster than the f*ckwads at Westlie Ford in Minot ND will be done with it

Latest posts

Members online