SRP 1 Failure

Reaction score
My srp1 pump tore up last week. The entire pump grenaded and cracked the housing in the process. The pump is taken care of, Gary is warrantying the pump and i am going to upgrade to the srp1.1. I currently have a stock 17 degree pump on the truck and the truck is running until i get my stealth pump. BUT now the truck will cut out and jerk above about 2500 rpms when you are at WOT. It sounds like the truck is sputtering, you can hear the sputtering out the exhaust and feel the power jerking/loss.
What could be causing this? Could the pump have ran metal through the injectors?

Rideracelivemx7

Reaction score
all these stories popping up... little scary. cough TE cough, what?

any who, have you changed your oil since then? did it do this at all or just after you've had to install your stocker? how many miles have been put on the truck since you installed the 17.

Lang

Reaction score
I would like to add a question to your issue, what are alternatives to SRP1.1?

Rideracelivemx7

Reaction score
Lang, there aren't a ton of options but for mild to modded 7.3s there is a the adrenaline pump from diesel site. my personal preference is Terminator Engineering. ill trust my T500 with my life!!

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
Just a question, as I have been researching the IDM diy resistor mod...if they are all the same, why do different models require different ohm resistors?

Please pm if you decide stealth pumps aren't for you, we have other options that may be easier on the wallet

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Lang, there aren't a ton of options but for mild to modded 7.3s there is a the adrenaline pump from diesel site. my personal preference is Terminator Engineering. ill trust my T500 with my life!!

Then you would trust a shimmed stock pump as well... The T500 is no where near as capable as the SRP1.1...

PSDEng

Reaction score
What I am wondering is how does any of the last 5-6 posts have anything to do with what the OP is asking? He seems like he is all set on what pump he'll be running but he's having some issues in the interim until his 1.1 comes back.....

Rideracelivemx7

Reaction score
OP, did you have any kind of tuning sorted out after the 17 install? the SRP1 delivers a lot more ICP and a lot sooner than a stock pump can so there are tuning parameters to consider.

SDstroker

Reaction score
Why arnt we talking about the OP original question. This is as bad as a tuning wars thread.
OP Data log ICP and DC%. Tuning could be calling for oil that's not avalible

CSIPSD

Reaction score
agreed, the t1000 is going to be in direct competition with the srp. just more reliable :)

LOL... Laughable...

I personally know of 3 failures of the yet to be released T-nevergoingtohappen...

But as far as the OP...

Its very doubtful anything made it past the pump and into the injectors.

If your too concerned, change the oil and then run it thru a coffee filter.

Latest posts

Members online