Problems with SSBC

WHY NOT

Reaction score
So I ordered a full set of front and rear calipers and rotors for my truck on 6/30 and was told that they would be 4-6 weeks out. Well, I still don't have the stuff for my truck. I have called multiple times to be told another 2 weeks rotors are off being plated etc etc. So I call today, since we are a full 11 weeks after the order and talk to the sales man that took my order and I have been contacting the whole time. He tells me today that the calipers are just starting being machined and they are going to be another 4-6 weeks. Needless to say I am pretty unhappy with this as my truck needed brakes when I ordered them, but figured I could wait the original 4-6 weeks, now the truck really needs brakes. I told the sales man that i was going to need a discount on the order, he offered me 5%. I said not enough, and he offered 7% but cannot offer me any guarantee that the parts will actually be here in 4-6 weeks. I am pretty much to the point of telling them to kick rocks after being lied to about my lead times multiple times, but was wondering if anyone here knows someone else there to talk to to get my brakes put on a serious rush or if I need to go a different route. I didn't want to stick with factory calipers, but its look like that is my option since I can't afford the TCE kit to fit inside my 20's.

sootie

Reaction score
i had the owners contact information. I'm trying to find it but not having much luck. Been over a year since i've spoken with him.

Black AOD

Reaction score
So I ordered a full set of front and rear calipers and rotors for my truck on 6/30 and was told that they would be 4-6 weeks out. Well, I still don't have the stuff for my truck. I have called multiple times to be told another 2 weeks rotors are off being plated etc etc. So I call today, since we are a full 11 weeks after the order and talk to the sales man that took my order and I have been contacting the whole time. He tells me today that the calipers are just starting being machined and they are going to be another 4-6 weeks. Needless to say I am pretty unhappy with this as my truck needed brakes when I ordered them, but figured I could wait the original 4-6 weeks, now the truck really needs brakes. I told the sales man that i was going to need a discount on the order, he offered me 5%. I said not enough, and he offered 7% but cannot offer me any guarantee that the parts will actually be here in 4-6 weeks. I am pretty much to the point of telling them to kick rocks after being lied to about my lead times multiple times, but was wondering if anyone here knows someone else there to talk to to get my brakes put on a serious rush or if I need to go a different route. I didn't want to stick with factory calipers, but its look like that is my option since I can't afford the TCE kit to fit inside my 20's.

I was reading this thinking yeah do the other kit (TCE) or do wilwoods but then I remembered...you have 20x12, not 22x12 like i thought you had for some reason

WHY NOT

Reaction score
I was reading this thinking yeah do the other kit (TCE) or do wilwoods but then I remembered...you have 20x12, not 22x12 like i thought you had for some reason

Yeah, and unfortunately they are double the cost of something that is already triple the price of staying with stock.

WHY NOT

Reaction score
I just went ahead and canceled my order today. No need to do business with a company that has lied to me. Who knows what other problems there would be if I ever had an issue with the product.

Jomax

Reaction score
I'd rock frozen slotted rotors with performance friction carbon metallic pads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WHY NOT

Reaction score
Just got done ordering some Hawk LTS pads, Stop Tech Slotted rotors, and some Powerstop rebuilt calipers for the truck. Already have some nice braided lines from PMF sitting here.

Black AOD

Reaction score
Just got done ordering some Hawk LTS pads, Stop Tech Slotted rotors, and some Powerstop rebuilt calipers for the truck. Already have some nice braided lines from PMF sitting here.

That should be plenty of stopping power.

Latest posts

Members online