CCV Filter Installed

Peroni

Reaction score
Still on the original filter element. I was told by MANN to replace when either fully saturated or if a noticeable amount of oil was was getting past it. A white cloth swipe of my turbo intake pipe returned only the slightest trace of an oil film. Still very pleased with the ProVent and I added one to my Mk4 Jetta with similar results.

rusty1161

Reaction score
I just changed my filter for the first time. I did check it about a year and 10,000 miles ago and it "looked" okay, as in not fully saturated. I now have about 20,000 miles on it.

9A849333-7AE3-4F61-9BB4-20C01A7333BD_zpspfkuje4d.jpg

And old versus new.
C973EF05-66D6-4206-88BC-A0FD923C24AD_zpsqhjds104.jpg

As an added bonus, it appears an oil leak that I was blaming on a rear main seal has disappeared. My best guess is the CCV filter was full and creating enough restriction to force oil out of the leaking area. I will keep my fingers crossed that was it!

Rusty

Got4wd

Reaction score
I just changed my filter for the first time. I did check it about a year and 10,000 miles ago and it "looked" okay, as in not fully saturated. I now have about 20,000 miles on it.

9A849333-7AE3-4F61-9BB4-20C01A7333BD_zpspfkuje4d.jpg

And old versus new.
C973EF05-66D6-4206-88BC-A0FD923C24AD_zpsqhjds104.jpg

As an added bonus, it appears an oil leak that I was blaming on a rear main seal has disappeared. My best guess is the CCV filter was full and creating enough restriction to force oil out of the leaking area. I will keep my fingers crossed that was it!

Rusty

This was one of the things I was worried about. Pressure added to the system and getting oil leaks. That is the number one thing I have read in adding a ccv system. I'm still up in the air to and one or not......

Reaction score
I have only installed one on a PSD, mine, no oil leaks.

I have installed the Donaldson Spirical CCV units on many L-10 and M11 Cummins with zero issues, kind of liked them because the bottom of the truck was cleaner.

I think we all worry too much because we can. When I got the new Mann unit I blew though it. I could not blow hard enough to feel like there was any restriction. Other than that you are just adding an oil separator to an existing loop that should be keeping as much vacuum on your crankcase as you have air cleaner restriction. So if you air cleaner pop up gauge read 10 inches (of water) you had that much vacuum in your crankcase.

Everybody and their brother puts a road draft tube which now creates a slight
pressure in the crankcase. No body is wringing their hands over that.

Start thinking about putting a CCV system on an panic ensues.

I have over 100 Cummins ISLG and ISXG that all have CCV filters stock. The ISLG filter in about 4x4x1 inch. Never a problem unless you forget to change it for over a year or there is coolant in the oil.

I'm going to run mine, enjoy the stink free air and clean CAC system.

Latest posts

Members online