Let's talk non-Diet tuning and mods

8WR_ZJ

Reaction score
Without doing any research are you saying the 2.0 has no d p f or e g r ?
Oops yea still has an e g r. That video popped up on my YouTube feed so I watched it. It said scr that was the first time i have heard that acronym.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

04cr450

Reaction score
Heck with these emission tunes.. ****** it and be done.. you're wife will be fine with it- just respect the added horsepower. These 6.7's are not powerful enough to wreck unless you just flat put can't drive lol seriously though, i believe you will have issues in the long run leaving the emissions on... esp with tuning.
As far as epa. I am in a liberal state and i do alot of work for the highway administration, i asked them constantly about them cracking down on this subject.. they laughed and said not to worry
Fwiw also, there is a 6.7 local to me who ******d his when he bought it new.. drives everyday and tows, now has just shy of 400k miles eith no issues other than maintenance.. no way will these truck last like this with emissions. I could be wrong but with so much electronic mess in the system spells issues.

Last edited:

TrickTruck

Reaction score
I got a job.
Working for an electric bus manufacturer.
Our CEO just gave a talk about how man's emissions are horrible for the environment.
I have grave concerns about d3leating while working for him.
So I thought again about the emissions on tuning.

Then a few days ago the stupid DEF low light came on. Waited for it to be 300mi to go and bought DEF and a tank of fuel.

Now for my rant. What idiot engineer decided that the size of two DEF containers would not fit in the tank with the low DEF light on. Spilled it all over again. GRRRR.

Attachments

• Robin in the Bus (Large).jpg
    Robin in the Bus (Large).jpg
    243.2 KB · Views: 115

C2tuck

Reaction score
I wouldn’t let anywhere I worked dictate what I do to MY vehicles...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sportchassis06

Reaction score
I got a job.
Our CEO just gave a talk about how man's emissions are horrible for the environment.

Then a few days ago the stupid DEF low light came on. Waited for it to be 300mi to go and bought DEF and a tank of fuel.

Now for my rant. What idiot engineer decided that the size of two DEF containers would not fit in the tank with the low DEF light on. Spilled it all over again. GRRRR.
You never fail to Impress.

WHY NOT

Reaction score
I got a job.

Keep the truck and rip the crap off, buy a Chevy volt for a DD to impress the boss man if you want. Then you can get the big tax credit form the car too.

TrickTruck

Reaction score
There's already a couple Volts in the parking lot.

I'm leaning towards a diet and tyrant tunes. The DEF all over, the miserable MPG and the constant regens are getting old.

TrickTruck

Reaction score
I've already got all the hard parts off my '12 (aFE 5" w/ muffler, H&S 3GR, intercooler pipe kit, NL intake), all I need is a tuner and tune.

Though I may replace the H&S 3GR kit with a NL bypass.

LovetheTide

Reaction score
I bet the truck is still loud with the AFE muffler. A Donaldson and resonator will make a huge difference. Could pass for stock to most people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CATDiezel

Reaction score
I got a job.

Well. I'm glad you have a job... but coupled with liberal snowflake fear!!!!

GAY. GAY EVERYWHERE!!

TrickTruck

Reaction score
Ugh, I'm close to a decision. Leaning strongly towards a diet. Need a couple paychecks first.
Already have a nice shopping cart at NL. :D

Tyrant or G3arhead?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.