305 50 20 will not go on new fuel wheels...

jimdawg185

Reaction score
Anyone know of any tricks getting nitto 420's 305 50 20 on 20x12's.

I know that there are a lot of yall doing it, so why can't my tire guys get them on there???

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
IMG_3255_zps25404803.jpg

fit just fine...probably need to use a cheater to get them mounted up. That's what my guys had to do

jimdawg185

Reaction score
They said they tried that, I just thought there was a trick I could pass on to them.

johnp115

Reaction score
try laying the wheels on blocks and having the tire hang freely, and use a cheetah, thats how i got mine on. And my tires came off a 10in wide wheel so they weren't as easy as brand new tires are

David N

Reaction score
Get 2x4 or any piece of wood cut to the length you want, and put them in the tire and leave them for a day or two. That should stretch the tire out some.

getstroked27

Reaction score
LOL okay heres the deal, im with mink, i have 35x12.50's on 22x14's. get a clip on air chuck, and two nine gallon cheetahs, hit both at once. should go no problem. if that doesnt work, leave the chuck on and hit it with ether. no one needs hair on their arms anyway. I used ether on my setup, took e 25 minutes to have all four mounted.

Jbenso127

Reaction score
Ether, cheetahs, all good recommendations. That's what I've always done. Also, a cold tire is a bastard to mount. Leave them out in the sun and they will get a lot more pliable. Make your (or whoever is mouthing them) life a lot easier.

jimdawg185

Reaction score
They are going to try leaving them out in the sun. I'd take them somewhere else, but they are a great customer of mine, and sold them to me at cost. So it wouldn't be a great idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PDT1081

Reaction score
They are going to try leaving them out in the sun. I'd take them somewhere else, but they are a great customer of mine, and sold them to me at cost. So it wouldn't be a great idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
When they go to mount them, wrap a ratchet strap around the center of the tread. As you ratchet it tight, it will start pushing the beads out.

01pwrstkr

Reaction score
When they go to mount them, wrap a ratchet strap around the center of the tread. As you ratchet it tight, it will start pushing the beads out.
I forgot about the ratchet strap. Sometimes using ether with the strap will work. But either way when using the strap make sure to release it after the bead is set (especially if you have it really tight) because the pressure of the tire expanding can cause it to snap. And it's a motha to release when it's that tight! Lol

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
you have to remove the core from the valvestem, that way after the cheetah hit your sending full pressure into the tire

jimdawg185

Reaction score
Can ya'll believe these are still not on the wheels.... These guys are a great shop and a great customer of mine. But Im in a tough spot because I really want these mounted so I can drive on them before snow falls...

Hendrys2009

Reaction score
When do this all the time. We have different size rubber donuts that fit tight around the wheel. just push them up against one side of the wheel and start filling with air. one the tires stretch the width of the wheel it will push the rubber donut off. no loss of hair, no problems.

Latest posts

Members online