Think I blew my turbo

Magnum PD

Reaction score
Was breaking motor in, pulling gooseneck with tractor on it, on pulling tune. I got up on one side while on tow tune just fine. Switched over to sled pull tune......wow.....thing will turn into a monster. My 40psi gauge will be buried, EGT's get really hot, so I didnt keep it there long. On one of the last hard pull, heard "pop", white smoke, no boost, then turbo starts making grinding noise. Had to limp up the mountain, white smoke pouring out like crazy till I got home. Engine runs fine. Thought it might have been intercooler boot, but don't think so. Question is, which turbo should I go with? Needs to be T4i mount. Thinking of the swamps BFH. What say you guys?

KBMKVIII

Reaction score
I have heard nothing but good things on similar setups with a 4294 personally.

KBMKVIII

Reaction score
467?
What are your trucks main duties?

Edit- just saw you wanted t4i.

Last edited:

CSIPSD

Reaction score
H2e... 71mm with a 19cm housing and you would be good to go... I've got over 180k on mine without an issue.

Short Bus

Reaction score
Is there a t4i option for an s468 fmw? If so that gets my vote, love this charger! 104* today, 15-20 cross wind, pulling my 10k 5th wheel and never once had to back out for egt's.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Its not a big deal to just open up the mounting holes a bit to fit a T4 on a T4i... However it effects the intake and exhaust side... Minor but.

ja_cain

Reaction score
Are there different modded H2E? Some are 66mm ind and some are 71???

Yes, 66mm is the most popular dimension to machine it to, but can be machined to accept a larger compressor. I think I heard that it will not hold up as well with a compressor larger than 71mm but don't quote me on that. That sure is a testament to its durability if Joe has put that many miles on it with a 71mm compressor wheel. He makes a living with his truck and tows a lot with it based on reading his posts.

ja_cain

Reaction score
You could also look for an older used bell turbo. They used the t4i mount also and seem to be a good turbo. They can also be modified to accept larger compressor wheels (LASB, HFSB, etc.)

Magnum PD

Reaction score
I think this turbo is toast:
image_zps7689c591.jpg

image_zpsc315fca4.jpg

smoker00

Reaction score
The modded H2 is what i would go with the 19cm housing like Joe said..

I loved my H2 and even more when i had it modded.. Ran it with 250/200 for over 100k..

Not sure how that hx55 let go there a tuff turbo..

Magnum PD

Reaction score
Too much back pressure and fuel as far as I'm concern. I need a healthy 70 some mm inducer.

Latest posts

Members online