Traction Control Disable/Fuse?

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
What fuses would I need to pull to fully disable advance trac and t/c. I was looking in the manual and saw ABS fuses but no fuses that deal with advance trac and t/c. Thanks in advance

sootie

Reaction score
the button on the dash will not let it do a donut in my experience.
the only way to fully disable the advancetrac is to unplug a wheel speed sensor. down side is the lack of speedo and all the warning lights.

powerstroke22

Reaction score
If you press the button on the dash it will disable the traction control. If you hold the button down it won't fully disable the advancetrac?

Never tried a donut but it will let you a decent burnout without de-fueling.

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
the only way to fully disable the advancetrac is to unplug a wheel speed sensor. down side is the lack of speedo and all the warning lights.

Didn't know that. I turned both off on mine and didn't have a issue doing weak burnouts, never tried donuts though lol

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
Pretty sure they are one in the same. Why not use the button on the dash?

Really that sucks.

If you press the button on the dash it will disable the traction control. If you hold the button down it won't fully disable the advancetrac?

Never tried a donut but it will let you a decent burnout without de-fueling.

Yes holding it down until it says "advance track off" turns it off but it kicks back on at 35 MPH and also doesn't "fully" disable it.

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score

I wonder if its possible to keep advance trac and only disable TC so it doesn't kick back on at 35 MPH and stay off all the time without using the button? Going 35+ then the tires spin and TC kicks back on and defuels is annoying. Cant win any races like that LOL.

stacked6.7

Reaction score
Turning the advancetrac off will not allow the truck to spin sideways like in a drift or donut. You have to unhook the sensor by the front left tire. All that happened to mine is it says to service the advancetrac each time I start it. But I just hit the button to clear it.

Super08Duty

Reaction score
Wish this was something that could be turned off via mcc or by a relay like the digg locker. Really annoying having a 4x4 that can't utilize all 4 tires 100% of the time. My truck always falls on its face when in mud even with advance trac off.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I have never had a issue holding the button down till it says advanced trac off and doing a burnout. or even whipping ****tys in the snow or dirt or grass... only problem I have had is that when you are doing a brake stand is that the shifts are slow and hits the rev limiter before the shift or during the shift and snuffing out the turbo. now if you ease into the throttle or lock it in 2nd and get it wound up and hit 3rd before you bounce it off the limiter then it should light just fine.

and I have never had an issue in 4x4 in the mud either. when you put 8t 8n low lock it automatically disables advance trac.

Last edited:

Clean-15

Reaction score
Wish this was something that could be turned off via mcc or by a relay like the digg locker. Really annoying having a 4x4 that can't utilize all 4 tires 100% of the time. My truck always falls on its face when in mud even with advance trac off.

I wonder if you could just run your l/f wheel speed sensor through a relay and hook the switch to one of the up-fitter switches so you could control it from the dash. Are the wheel speed sensors a coax cable or just a single wire. Anyone know? Also, I wonder if adding resistance (via connections and the relay) would mess with the system even when the switch is off....

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
im betting all of you are hitting the limiter before the shift and when it hits the limiter it shifts thus feeling like it is defueling and instead its snuffing the turbo.

put it in manual mode 2nd gear. do a brake stand and not floor it. just ease into it then get them spinning and don't let it go above 3k rpm. When the tires are hot then shift into 3rd doing the same thing and let off the brake and roast on..

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
Nah no doughouts for me LOL. I'm talking a rolling start from say 40 and floor it tires start spinning tc kicks in truck defuels then by the time tc kicks off the other truck is gone.

Mpoage

Reaction score
Nah no doughouts for me LOL. I'm talking a rolling start from say 40 and floor it tires start spinning tc kicks in truck defuels then by the time tc kicks off the other truck is gone.

How do you get your tires to spin at 40? Mine won't even do that on wet pavement. Lol

sledhead455

Reaction score
I wonder if you could just run your l/f wheel speed sensor through a relay and hook the switch to one of the up-fitter switches so you could control it from the dash. Are the wheel speed sensors a coax cable or just a single wire. Anyone know? Also, I wonder if adding resistance (via connections and the relay) would mess with the system even when the switch is off....

I have done just that. I can disconnect the abs sensor through my upfitter switches. Works great. This is the only way I have found to fully disable traction control. If you pull an abs fuse it will disable traction control but it also disables the locking diff. The way I did it was all plug and play without cutting any wires. I have been thinking about offering a kit but haven't got that far. Some say that holding the advance Trac button fully disables the tc on there truck's, this may be, but it definitely does not work on my truck and the few others I have worked on. It's better but still defuels. Putting the truck in 4 low also seems to disable everything.

Latest posts

Members online