Cruise Control Problem

300000 and counting

Reaction score
So I haven't had cruise control for awhile now my Mini Maxx is giving me P0703 so I replaced the sensor under the dash with one from AutoZone and the one under the hood with one from Ford, but my cruise still doesn't work. When I erase the code from my Mini Maxx and rediagnose the engine the code is right there again. Also all my radio and sync controls on my steering wheel work so I don't think it would be related to a power source, and all my brake lights work so no issue there either. I'm really getting tired of messing with this cruise issue so this is my last ditch effort before I pay somebody to fix it for me, any help would be great!

01pwrstkr

Reaction score
The sensor on the bottom of the master cylinder is the one you replaced? That's the one that I replaced when my truck did the same thing that yours is doing.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

300000 and counting

Reaction score
So I took it to a shop that I trusted so they could figure it out, but they can't figure it out either. The sensor are working as the should, he traced all the wires and couldn't find any bad ones, everything reads okay on the PCM. I don't know what to do next, take it to ford? This 800 mile a week with no cruise is getting old quick. Just a recap on the problem the code P0703 is on my mini maxx, so I replaced the sensor under the hood and the one under the dash with new oem sensors, the code is still there, when I ****** the code it pops right back up without even starting the truck. So I figure wiring issue but it doesn't appear to be a wiring issue. I'm stumped. When the cruise started going out it would shut off when I hit a large bump but then I just hit the button and it worked again, as it got worse when it would go off I would have to shut the truck off and restart it for the cruise to start working, and then I got the P0703 code so I replaced the sensors (twice) and it hasn't ever worked again. (Meaning as soon as I replaced the sensor nothing would work). Can any body help me?

Wildman

Reaction score
This is a notorious problem on 6.4 trucks. The problem is there is multiple inputs to the PCM that allow the cruise control to operate, and a voltage variance on any of them can cause the CC to quite working and the PCM to set DTC P0703.

Are you skilled with diagnostics? Do you have and know how to use a DVOM? If so, I can assist you with diagnostics. If not, bring it to the dealer, tell them what you've done, and ask them to contact the Technical Assistance Center (Hotline) for support. The testing in the Workshop Manual will not lead them to anything except for a higher bill for you.

kgsquad1

Reaction score
Iam having the same issue just purchased the truck last week ******d with mini max havnt checked for codes will do that after dinner

Latest posts

Members online