P!P V8.02 lv4 Testing

Notneb

Reaction score
So how is the new tune running ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No major complaints yet! So far today I did a TON of stop and go, rush hour driving.

Today's Temps: 204 degrees engine temp average @ 81 degrees ambient. 198 degree average on trans temp. Sitting at about 3k elevation.

Truck likes to stay in 6th if in cruise control, even to the point of lugging under 1k rpms and leaving a slight smoke trail. Took it out of cruise and it shifted down into 5th.

Other than that, so far I love the "no turbo hiss" in the mornings. Shifting is still spot on, no slams, bangs, slips or flares in 1-5. 5-6 shift has a slight flare.

I want to emphasize the "low throttle input" shifting is just amazing now! Night and day! Half the time I don't even notice it's shifting, just look down and I'm in 5th!

FordPSD64

Reaction score
No major complaints yet! So far today I did a TON of stop and go, rush hour driving.

Today's Temps: 204 degrees engine temp average @ 81 degrees ambient. 198 degree average on trans temp. Sitting at about 3k elevation.

Truck likes to stay in 6th if in cruise control, even to the point of lugging under 1k rpms and leaving a slight smoke trail. Took it out of cruise and it shifted down into 5th.

Other than that, so far I love the "no turbo hiss" in the mornings. Shifting is still spot on, no slams, bangs, slips or flares in 1-5. 5-6 shift has a slight flare.

I want to emphasize the "low throttle input" shifting is just amazing now! Night and day! Half the time I don't even notice it's shifting, just look down and I'm in 5th!

Are these available or still just for people testing.

Personally I kinda like the hiss, but I still think it sounds better at idle with the rumble.

I also like the truck to lug a little, I know it may not be optimal for people who tow a lot but I hate how these trucks always want to be at high rpm and low gears. It just gets annoying sometimes. I guess I'm used to my 6.0 and 6.4 where they just locked up and rolled on through. But it's kinda the nature of the beasts on these.

I've got the 1 & 2 V8 on my truck right now and from what I can tell so far it is night and day. It honestly feels like a new truck, the drive quality is just so much better from all the previous versions. Also idk if they did anything different with the exhaust brake or not but to me it felt like it works a little bit better than the previous version.

nbh1226

Reaction score
How can you find what version of these tunes you have?

Nj67

Reaction score

Is it me or our your temps kinda high ? I never see anything over 199 engine.. ( i assume you mean oil ) and 185 to 190 for trans temp. Only time i see the numbers you have are when im over 90 mph for a sustained time. Have you noticed anything different from a stand still to wot ? Some guys with mm say they get hesitation when they floor it

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Notneb

Reaction score
Yeah my temps have always been in the 200-210 range, even brought it up to Ford, but they all say the same crap: its perfectly normal... I tend to agree with them ever since I ran the truck for a week without any coolant in the secondary, and saw 230 degree trans temps... Flushed the tranny, fluid wasn't even burnt.

As far as how you tell what version, when you get your original file from the tuner, it will say what version on the SCT Updater screen. That being said you can then label the Tune file whatever you want. But the original batch file will still say. If you don't rename, it will always say on the SCT device.

Notneb

Reaction score
Are these available or still just for people testing.

Personally I kinda like the hiss, but I still think it sounds better at idle with the rumble.

I also like the truck to lug a little, I know it may not be optimal for people who tow a lot but I hate how these trucks always want to be at high rpm and low gears. It just gets annoying sometimes. I guess I'm used to my 6.0 and 6.4 where they just locked up and rolled on through. But it's kinda the nature of the beasts on these.

I've got the 1 & 2 V8 on my truck right now and from what I can tell so far it is night and day. It honestly feels like a new truck, the drive quality is just so much better from all the previous versions. Also idk if they did anything different with the exhaust brake or not but to me it felt like it works a little bit better than the previous version.

Just for testing, probably available end of Feb, beginning of March for release. The truck will lug if you've got cruise on, or you don't change throttle position on hills.

As far as hesitation on stand still to WOT, that will have to be tested by someone else, as I don't have traction bars yet, and that's just asking for trouble in my book. The axle wrap is just too severe, but hopefully the other guys testing with bars will chime in!

Mechcont

Reaction score
It's been cold here with temps in the 20s at night and low 30's during the day. It snowed 6" yesterday and I had to hit some job sites and again the truck drove great even in the cold snowy conditions.

Even with the Trans cold (under 150) the shifting is just as smooth seamless as when it is up to temp.

jwalk09

Reaction score
I was gonna be testing those before I jumped ship to Spart an haha!

Glad they're awesome though

So how much better is the shifting on spar compared to the v8 tune you tried

All this spartn talk makes me want to go that way ugh

Mikeyfitz

Reaction score
So how much better is the shifting on spar compared to the v8 tune you tried

All this spartn talk makes me want to go that way ugh

Well I only had the lvl 1/2 before I switched. But the shifting is probably on par or better except more power. The trans tuning on enhanced is wild too!

jwalk09

Reaction score
What kind of numbers is the new level 4 putting down ?

oscard0215

Reaction score
hey guys any updates??? how trucks are driving?? release date to the general public?? running level2 and anxious to try the rest. thanks..

Notneb

Reaction score
So far the only main thing I've experienced is it's reluctance to shift down under moderate throttle. Other than that, no issues at all.

hunter.b

Reaction score
I've had the opportunity to put about 300 miles on the new Test tune. So far I have noticed the overall feel and power is probably the best thing they've ever produced, in fact the best I personally have ever felt!!!I have had every tune they have ever offered some good some not so good but hands-down this file stands alone. It pulls and shifts good even when you drive it like a grandpa,and shifts like a boss with amazing power at WOT with no bog between shifts even during convertor lock up. Also smoke seems to be almost nonexistent a small puff on a wot run then cleans up immediately. As I put more miles on this I'll keep you updated my overall thought right now is they NAILED it!!

20156point7

Reaction score
That's great to hear I've got to run and get a new computer before I can load the new tunes. I'm glad to hear the tunes are cleaner because the 7.2 extreme is too smokey.

jwalk09

Reaction score
Anyone know what kind of numbers the new tune is putting down ?

brock1129

Reaction score
anyone having an issues with boost flaring up at slight throttle increase? lvl 2 v8.. only have a few miles on the install..