oil pan removal

wjamesm

Reaction score
Like the title says i have a leaking oil pan , oil drips are on all the pan bolts on both sides . I did look above it to make sure it's not the bedplate leaking . My question is can i remove the pan with the engine in place ? I search here and Googled to see if there was a write up anywhere on the net . the only thing i ran across was one person said the engine had to be pulled and another said it was doable and was a flat rate of 2hrs at the dealership . Truck is an auto and only has 60k on it .

wjamesm

Reaction score
Yea the first thing i did was try to tighten all the bolts and they were tight . How easy was it putting the suction tube back it with the pan up there ?

webb06

Reaction score
Undid the bolts. Reached in and dropped the suction stem and pulled the pan.

I assume you unbolted the engine mounts from the frame and used a cherry picker to lift the engine as high as possible too?

I had my pan off when verifying a cracked blocked and there's no way it was coming out with just unbolting it and the pickup tube

thumbo88

Reaction score
Anyone know if you can get all the bolts loose and lower the pan enough to pull the dip stick out from the bottom I kinda broke mine and I need to get it out

webb06

Reaction score
Anyone know if you can get all the bolts loose and lower the pan enough to pull the dip stick out from the bottom I kinda broke mine and I need to get it out

Just unbolt the tube from the upper oil pan and pull out the dipstick. No need to remove the pan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thumbo88

Reaction score
Two bolts right how hard is it to get out I just recently found out there is a second bolt but I can't find it

webb06

Reaction score
Two bolts right how hard is it to get out I just recently found out there is a second bolt but I can't find it

One bolt that secures it to the upper oil pan and one nut that secures it to the turbo crossover bracing. Pretty simple. Might need to drain the coolant and take out the battery and coolant tank to gain a little room.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.