Misfire during idle

greyford1979

Reaction score
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2et-WY-s0c0&feature=youtu.be

Well my truck has been running great until I went to leave work this afternoon. Turned on the truck and noticed it started to miss at idle. While driving there was no loss of power and seamed to drive just like normal. No CEL at driving or at idle. After the drive home it seamed to idle normal. Ate and waited about an hour, turned on the truck and the misfire was back during idle. Decided to run Auto Enginuity to see what comes up. Did have some codes, most definitely not related. Here's what I tested so far and codes that came up. First 2 are just initial codes that came up before testing. Truck is a 2000, PIS 160/30 injectors, Swamps IDM, KC38R turbo, Exhaust, PHP Hydra with PHP tunes, and Sam Wyse trans. Youtube link is my truck idling after I got home and let it cool down. Did some net searching and again come up with all kinds of different things. Any info is greatly appreciated, hope some of the gurus will chime in.
GEM/CENTRAL TIMER
B1352 Ignition Key in circuit failure
P1876 T case 2wd circuit failure
B1302 Accessory relay failure

OVERHEAD TRIP COMPUTER P0500
P0500 Vehicle speed sensor A malfunction
B1203 Fuel sender circuit failure

Now what came up during testing.
ENHANCED POWERTRAIN
P0603 Internal control module keep alive memory error
P0541 Intake air temp A current low(not hooked up)

INJECTOR BUZZ TEST
P1298 Injector drive module failure
P1293 Injector high side open bank 1
P1294 Injector high side open bank 2
I couldn't really tell much of a difference when the injectors all fired separately.

CONTRIBUTION TEST
P0284 Cylinder 8 injector

KEY ON ENGINE RUNNING
P0476 Exhaust pressure control valve a range performance(does not have EBP valve).

KEY ON ENGINE OFF
P1298 Injector drive module failure
P1293 Injector high side open bank 1
P1294 Injector high side open bank 2

Also monitered a few things during idle
Pulse width .15-17
ICP 475-500 PSI
ICP volts .78-.85
ICP duty cycle 8.98

greyford1979

Reaction score
Almost forgot, truck is going on 302,000 miles and had 2 new oem UVCH replaced a few months ago when I did my head gaskets. Haven't really checked for any wiring issues yet though.

greyford1979

Reaction score
Anybody lol? Really haven't had the chance to take a look at anything yet, but I did check the temps of each bank with an infared temp gun while idling. All cylinders were within 5-10 degrees of each other except for #2 which was considerably less. I know it's not super accurate, but there's something obviously up with cylinder #2.

greyford1979

Reaction score
You could see if oil is from injector spout

Yeah this weekend when I'm off from work, I'm gonna check to make sure there are no wiring issues and pop the valve covers. Really hoping for something simple. But knowing my luck, it won't be lol.

golfer

Reaction score
the pop and white smoke is almost certainly going to be a nozzle issue...hanging open dribbling fuel into the cylinder.

Latest posts

Members online