6.7 lift pump with complete stock fuel system??

ghostriderblk

Reaction score
I'm trying to replace the stock unit and retain the factory lines an regulator. I can't seem to find 1/2 female push on to 3/8. Or some variant I can make them work. Anyone ideas or part numbers to retain factory line. Also can the return side of the pump just be bypassed and run a coupling to connect the 2 return lines?

Decker

Reaction score
Just put a 6.7 pump on my truck. But I say upgrade the whole system to 1/2 or your probably gonna burn that pump up. The stock 6.0 line won't supply enough fuel for the pump. But on mine I went sump 1/2 in hose to pump and just used a hose clamp at pump then pump to stock fuel bowl. With 1/2in 90degree barb to I believe is m14x1.5 to 8an then return with 1/2in hose used a m16x1.5 to 8an to another 90degree barb to 8an. Back to pump hose clamp at pump. Used a 1/2 to 3/8 double barb to original sending line at top of tank.

But back to your question I believe swinky bypass the return side and just went straight back to the tank.

ghostriderblk

Reaction score
Just put a 6.7 pump on my truck. But I say upgrade the whole system to 1/2 or your probably gonna burn that pump up. The stock 6.0 line won't supply enough fuel for the pump. But on mine I went sump 1/2 in hose to pump and just used a hose clamp at pump then pump to stock fuel bowl. With 1/2in 90degree barb to I believe is m14x1.5 to 8an then return with 1/2in hose used a m16x1.5 to 8an to another 90degree barb to 8an. Back to pump hose clamp at pump. Used a 1/2 to 3/8 double barb to original sending line at top of tank.

But back to your question I believe swinky bypass the return side and just went straight back to the tank.

thanks for reply. I was trying to avoid messing with the hole system but have left the option open and have done the sump on my previous 7.3 its really not hard i was hoping the pump could supply enough with the 3/8. but volume is volume and if 3/8 can't move enough ill have to def upgrade to 1/2 inch. i got 2 pumps for 100 bucks used of of totaled trucks with new filters. i was gonna try it and see how it worked out. not sure how hard it will run the pump this is all trial and error for me. if i end up doing it i guess i might be the first? at least on this forum lol

Decker

Reaction score
If you do try this, I advise not but if so Vulcan makes a 3/8 female quick connect to 1/2 barb which you could use at pump just would need use 1/2 hose at pump but the part number QC375500

ghostriderblk

Reaction score
If you do try this, I advise not but if so Vulcan makes a 3/8 female quick connect to 1/2 barb which you could use at pump just would need use 1/2 hose at pump but the part number QC375500

I'm going to record fuel pressure average. And I'm running 190s stock nozzle. If I'm cautious I think I'll be ok if it doesn't work

ghostriderblk

Reaction score

And excellent find on the fitting thank you

Decker

Reaction score
Also the 6.7 pump won't fit where the stock pump at. At least I couldn't get it to with the 6.7 pump bracket. I had to move my pump behind the transfer case. There a nice empty location between tank and crossmember. Just another thought.

ghostriderblk

Reaction score
Also the 6.7 pump won't fit where the stock pump at. At least I couldn't get it to with the 6.7 pump bracket. I had to move my pump behind the transfer case. There a nice empty location between tank and crossmember. Just another thought.

do you think with a custom bracket it is possible? I can fabricate anything up for this.

Decker

Reaction score
It may be possible but it would be very close to.the front drive shaft if you have 4x4. With the way the 6.7 pump filter system is, how it in screws on from the bottom it will need to be outside the u channel of the frame to replace filter. You may be able to make a bracket to move it in a tad closer.

ghostriderblk

Reaction score
It may be possible but it would be very close to.the front drive shaft if you have 4x4. With the way the 6.7 pump filter system is, how it in screws on from the bottom it will need to be outside the u channel of the frame to replace filter. You may be able to make a bracket to move it in a tad closer.

Yeah I see what your saying if the rain let's up I can go out side one of these days and take some measurements. I do have 4x4 and I know it's tight I was wondering if I had the room to make a spacer to bring it past the channel and not hit any thing doing so.

ghostriderblk

Reaction score
it might be to tight like you were saying even with a custom bracket. I could get it in but then any time I do a filter change id have to take the whole thing off. :doh:

Decker

Reaction score
You could run the pump on outside of frame where the stocker goes. Just run hoses over top of the frame. But you would lose protection for the pump.

ghostriderblk

Reaction score
You could run the pump on outside of frame where the stocker goes. Just run hoses over top of the frame. But you would lose protection for the pump.

That's true. I ran into a problem on parts already only able to find 1 of those fittings they are now obsolete. So I may be updating the pick up line and just run output lines factory

bretferd

Reaction score

Do you happen to have a picture of your fuel bowl with all those fittings and where did you get the fittings to go from 14x1.5 to 1/2" and 16x1.5 to 1/2"? Thanks

Decker

Reaction score
Sorry for the bad pictures I'll try get better ones when I'm not at work. But I believe I got them off eBay.
I'll look to see exactly where I got them.

Bad_company

Reaction score

could you post pictures of where/how you mounted the pump? and I may have missed it but are you using the stock 6.7 pump?

Decker

Reaction score
could you post pictures of where/how you mounted the pump? and I may have missed it but are you using the stock 6.7 pump?

Here ya go. I put it just behind the transfer case. Don't mind the wires. I just haven't justified buying the 50$ plug when the wire connectors work just fine. Also the orange paint is what I used to drill my holes. Sprayed the frame and put the bracket bolts up match marked and drilled.

Latest posts

Members online