Secondary cooling system puking from overflow hose

valvetick

Reaction score
Does anyone offer a lower temperature secondary thermostat? Wouldn't be a bad idea just to try and get ahead of the temps for hot climates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

valvetick

Reaction score
My coolant temps are 122 when it pukes. Mine isn't the thermostats.

Jomax what temps are you seeing when each one fails if it's not pressure failure? Towing my toy hauler through AZ and Cali I see pretty high temps so I'll try and stay away from your normal temps haha

Jomax

Reaction score
Jomax what temps are you seeing when each one fails if it's not pressure failure? Towing my toy hauler through AZ and Cali I see pretty high temps so I'll try and stay away from your normal temps haha

The CACT gets to 180-190. Getting to those temps doesn't seem to hurt them as I've done quick runs but I also didn't have it at WOT for more then 10-15 seconds. It's when you run it for more then a minute at WOT that it seems to kill them.

I don't think you'll have an issue towing.

I will be cutting up my CAC when I get it off the truck. I'm curious what goes bad.

valvetick

Reaction score
The CACT gets to 180-190. Getting to those temps doesn't seem to hurt them as I've done quick runs but I also didn't have it at WOT for more then 10-15 seconds. It's when you run it for more then a minute at WOT that it seems to kill them.

I don't think you'll have an issue towing.

I will be cutting up my CAC when I get it off the truck. I'm curious what goes bad.

I've been worried climbing some of the grades since you will be heavy in the throttle for miles heading up north.

I'm interested to see what you find when you cut it apart.

When I lived in Texas my tuners shop did have a hot shot that was running his truck on the race tune permanently and his intercooler was expanded/ballooned out when it failed.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
even if its a half gallon that's a decent percentage of the cooling system for the low temp side. I DK seems like folks who have issues are the ones that are fully ******d. I did on my grey truck

Jomax

Reaction score
even if its a half gallon that's a decent percentage of the cooling system for the low temp side. I DK seems like folks who have issues are the ones that are fully ******d. I did on my grey truck

I think at most it's 1 quart? I mean there's only tubes that the coolant goes through in the egr. Or am I Off?

08Monster

Reaction score
For reference, I have my EGR cooler on, but turned off in tuning. I can pull a long, steep grade at 75mph, pulling a heavy load, and I can't get my CAC temps over 120°. I've never seen them over 120. That's 100% engine load, 25psi of boost for probably 30 seconds to a minute.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Sportchassis06

Reaction score
For reference, I have my EGR cooler on, but turned off in tuning. I can pull a long, steep grade at 75mph, pulling a heavy load, and I can't get my CAC temps over 120°. I've never seen them over 120. That's 100% engine load, 25psi of boost for probably 30 seconds to a minute.

Thats very interesting.I'm D**leting my '17 tommorow,and going to leave the Egr on.My'15 the EGR is gone.I have a No Limit intercooler and my temps occasionally get REAL high,but I never puke coolant.

Jomax

Reaction score

But is that the CAC coolant temp or the CAC air temp? My coolant temp stays at 122 no matter what. My post cooler air temp is what raises.

08Monster

Reaction score
But is that the CAC coolant temp or the CAC air temp? My coolant temp stays at 122 no matter what. My post cooler air temp is what raises.

Hmm I have never checked that. Is that a parameter on the 14s? I don't remember ever seeing that

08Monster

Reaction score
CAC post temp? Or coolant temps?

I just scrolled through my CTS2, I don't see a secondary coolant temp, or post CAC. Just CACT

Jomax

Reaction score
I just scrolled through my CTS2, I don't see a secondary coolant temp, or post CAC. Just CACT

CACT is post CAC.

So you're saying your CACT NEVER moves from 120?

08Monster

Reaction score
CACT is post CAC.

So you're saying your CACT NEVER moves from 120?

Nope. Always 15-25 higher than my intake air temp, I have never gotten it over 120 while towing hard. Just driving around the pickup empty I can't get it 15 over air intake temp.

Latest posts

Members online