H&S mini Maxx problem

braydenbeen1

Reaction score
So I have a mini maxx here that I updated to the latest update. It worked fine for a while and then one day I decided I wanted to unlock it and use it another truck like mine. I ordered an unlock code and the first one he sent didn't work and the tuner just restarted itself. Then, he sent me a second one and it didn't work either but after that my tuner screen went black and no matter what I do I can't get it to come back on. I have heard some people saying something was done to the latest update to cause this but my question is, is there anything I can do to get my tuner to work again? I really enjoyed being able to change tunes lol. Thanks In advance guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Black AOD

Reaction score
Check out Diesel Tuner Pro's. Several people on there stated re updating the tuner with the latest firmware/software brought the tuner back to life.

I learned now recently that I probably wouldn't update any H&S device anymore unless you're forced to. It just seems to cause more problems than it fixes.

braydenbeen1

Reaction score
That's the updated I used before but it's probably been a month now since I originally installed the updates. Maybe they have put some new files on there. I will check it out and report back! And I agree on not updating your device anymore lol I probably never will again after I get it working again.

Daniel@RudysDiesel

Reaction score
Im guessing it wasnt working because the code on your device had letters in it? If you want to call us here at the shop we can get you straightened out, Updating it is not going to fix your problem.

braydenbeen1

Reaction score
Yes that is why the unlock wouldn't work. As far as the black screen I finally found other people with the same problem on dieseltunerpros.

countryraised

Reaction score
I can't help you much. I have questions about unlocking your mini max? Does this mean it is now possible to unlock a VIN locked mini max? I have one I kept off my 6.4 when it was traded in at the dealer... can I get it unlocked to use on my 2012 6.7?

f100cleveland

Reaction score
Did you end up sending it to Rudys to get fixed? Mine just did this same sh*t last night and I probably updated it 3ish weeks ago.

braydenbeen1

Reaction score
No I never did. I used an XRT and put a single tune on it for now.

Latest posts

Members online