17* hpop swap info?

65stroker

Reaction score
just looking to swap my hpop to a stock 17*. did some serching and some said to change the reservoir. Just curious, I kno the reservoir has to be removed but do I have to use one from the 17* eng or will the obs one work fine? If so whats the difference? thanks for any and all replies

79jasper

Reaction score
I got mine from Corey.
Told him it was going on a 94.5, he said no problem.
I didn't have to change anything. Well, besides swapping the hpop. Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

mandkole

Reaction score
It depends on the OBS whether this will work - the pump must be modified to work on a 94/95 reservoir. The 96/97 is a direct swap.

At the end of the day, this issue is well known with pump mfgrs now. Just tell them what truck year its going on so they can be sure.

65stroker

Reaction score
cool-

I shuould have mentioned the truck is a 97. I'll b doin the swap myself. The current pump is fine, I just planned on swapping it with some new injectors in the future. As well as I have a low mileage pump from a 02.

Chris2590

Reaction score
Should be fine. I did the swap on my 97 and I still have the stock reservoir on the truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

old man dave

Reaction score
I had a stock SD 17* pump installed in my 97 with 160 stageII splitshots (California truck). I thought it did ok (would hold 2800 psi with the tune I was using) until I switched to a high output pump. Could feel the difference. I suggest you get a modified pump from one of the pump modifiers and have your tunes changed accordingly. They are about the same cost (and some are a lot more) as a new Bosch stock 17*hpop.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.