6.7 vs 6.4

jtpappy

Reaction score
Rainy day with no work so my gears started turning. Question of the day. Why are people not building the 6.7s like the 6.4s are? You can go to the 6.4 page and guys are building these trucks to incredible set ups. IMO for no reason since they have no head flow. When you come to 6.7 aftermarket you only see a hand full of guys doing neat things. When money would be best spent since the heads are able to flow better. I understand that to even get 700hp out of them you need rods and that carries a big price tag. But still its been 6-7 years and we don't have a pinned psot (How to make 1000RWHP) lol so whats the deal?

sootie

Reaction score
Rainy day with no work so my gears started turning. Question of the day. Why are people not building the 6.7s like the 6.4s are? You can go to the 6.4 page and guys are building these trucks to incredible set ups. IMO for no reason since they have no head flow. When you come to 6.7 aftermarket you only see a hand full of guys doing neat things. When money would be best spent since the heads are able to flow better. I understand that to even get 700hp out of them you need rods and that carries a big price tag. But still its been 6-7 years and we don't have a pinned psot (How to make 1000RWHP) lol so whats the deal?

Forum traffic has slowed down with the amount of facebook and instagram traffic. Hardly anything hits the boards anymore.

Lots more 6.7 builds going on than 6.4 FYI

jtpappy

Reaction score
Forum traffic has slowed down with the amount of facebook and instagram traffic. Hardly anything hits the boards anymore.

That's understandable. I have seen some built ones on the social media but its sweet when they are posted on here since we can get in depth about the setups.

Black AOD

Reaction score
Pretty much what Ron said.

Mike Dillehay has the H&S Triple Kit on his 2013 6.7 crew cab making 1200whp and it can probably do more. On fuel.

Cody Gorman has a 6670VGT/8891 Precision Compound setup that's made 1000whp on a small baby tune on fuel. It has tons more in it and it's a regular cab truck so its a legit demon on the street and track.

Tyle Brancifort is consistently doing great things with his S475 setup on his truck. 8500 lbs and runs 10.9 and then trailers trucks back home? Impressive to say the least.

Jared Rice has his 2015 6.7 regular cab with the 6670VGT/8685 precision with the ability to make every bit of 1000+ easy if he'd quit being lazy (love you jared)

SPE has done some very impressive things with their in house trucks making well over 1000+ on fuel

Dorian @ PSE is getting faster and faster with his brother's keeper 6.7 RC race truck

Morgan is building a 6.7 pull truck that screams past 6k RPM's and more

Leadfoot already has an insane 6.7 pull truck with a ZF6 that actually works

There are several people with the Midwest Compound kit making some serious power although I don't know who they are yet.

There's tons more I don't even know about and I cant remember all of them.... a lot of the 6.4 trucks that were doing well still are or are being rebuilt for more power in the shadows...JD Gleason's trucks is in the rebuild stages as well as Taylor Overcashs (i think?)....Patrick Whitcomb and Tim Jahn did us proud this year in DPC both of them putting up some really impressive numbers especially for how large both trucks are.

Jake Fenner is doing a 68/94 compound kit with big injectors...it should make some serious power and it's the newest big power 6.4 im aware thats up and coming

The biggest name 6.4's by far is what rudy's has been doing with their pro mod 2wd truck.... fastest 1/8 mile pass ever for a powerstroke

jtpappy

Reaction score
I know everyone you have spoken about but I miss the days of a good build thread. Everyone is just building the trucks now kindia in secret since they aren't on the forum. Kindia hard to have a discussion about flow rates, pw, fabrication techniques, etc on Facebook picture hahah #bringbackbuildthreads

Kxc

Reaction score
Agreed. I hate FB. I'm in a spot like most are with a 6.7, at the point where rods are needed but can't justify the cost just yet .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Black AOD

Reaction score
I know everyone you have spoken about but I miss the days of a good build thread. Everyone is just building the trucks now kindia in secret since they aren't on the forum. Kindia hard to have a discussion about flow rates, pw, fabrication techniques, etc on Facebook picture hahah #bringbackbuildthreads

That's because half of all these ***s anymore build it and throw it on a dyno and claim their truck made 1500HP with a 1000HP setup but you better not tell them their wrong cuz then they'll beat you down with their stupidity LOL

I'm with you though. It'd be nice to have that back. Some people still do that though, just less often now a days

04cr450

Reaction score
Pretty much what Ron said.

Mike Dillehay has the H&S Triple Kit on his 2013 6.7 crew cab making 1200whp and it can probably do more. On fuel.

Cody Gorman has a 6670VGT/8891 Precision Compound setup that's made 1000whp on a small baby tune on fuel. It has tons more in it and it's a regular cab truck so its a legit demon on the street and track.

Tyle Brancifort is consistently doing great things with his S475 setup on his truck. 8500 lbs and runs 10.9 and then trailers trucks back home? Impressive to say the least.

Jared Rice has his 2015 6.7 regular cab with the 6670VGT/8685 precision with the ability to make every bit of 1000+ easy if he'd quit being lazy (love you jared)

SPE has done some very impressive things with their in house trucks making well over 1000+ on fuel

Dorian @ PSE is getting faster and faster with his brother's keeper 6.7 RC race truck

Morgan is building a 6.7 pull truck that screams past 6k RPM's and more

Leadfoot already has an insane 6.7 pull truck with a ZF6 that actually works

There are several people with the Midwest Compound kit making some serious power although I don't know who they are yet.

There's tons more I don't even know about and I cant remember all of them.... a lot of the 6.4 trucks that were doing well still are or are being rebuilt for more power in the shadows...JD Gleason's trucks is in the rebuild stages as well as Taylor Overcashs (i think?)....Patrick Whitcomb and Tim Jahn did us proud this year in DPC both of them putting up some really impressive numbers especially for how large both trucks are.

Jake Fenner is doing a 68/94 compound kit with big injectors...it should make some serious power and it's the newest big power 6.4 im aware thats up and coming

The biggest name 6.4's by far is what rudy's has been doing with their pro mod 2wd truck.... fastest 1/8 mile pass ever for a powerstroke

How in the world you remember all this is mind numbing lol I guess I have so much going on in my life on a daily basis - I forget the brand exhaust I have on my truck lol

Black AOD

Reaction score
How in the world you remember all this is mind numbing lol I guess I have so much going on in my life on a daily basis - I forget the brand exhaust I have on my truck lol

It's funny you say that actually.....I cant remember **** else but when it comes to truck stuff I remember it like ABC 123... weird how that works

Black AOD

Reaction score

It's Flo-Pro by the way. I read your Signature LOL

Better stop hitting the weights Greg...those big ass muscles are clouding your brain sensors

jtpappy

Reaction score
That's why as soon as I get my **** straight and figure out the direction I am going I will create a build thread. Like honestly when I come on the aftermarket 6.7 I don't care to see the 20x12 moto metals you put on with the leveling kit. Like cool story but talk to be about custom milled cnc front and rear covers, aux coolant systems, triple cp3s. ****s getting boring around here.

F

Floorboard79

Its really sad, then throw the photobucket debacle in and we have alot of dead threads. I dont do instagram or facebook, I just dont see how you would ever get the tech you did in a forum post.

I come from the cummins side 99', 07 & a 2012,
before that is was ford-diesel/ thedieselstop.com in 2000-2006 when i had my 7.3's.

There was always a ton of traffic and info/tech to be had, seems to have slowly been dieing off, I'm struggling to feed my addiction, and being new to the 6.7 world i struggle to find any more tech than the usual stretch tire brodozer mods

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Members online