CP4 High pressure pump disaster prevention kit

Towerguy

Reaction score
I wonder how long it actually takes for the problem to become visible, to start exhibiting symptoms and show signs of rusting. Tanks are being checked for fuel contamination but I'm wondering if by the time the truck is having a problem, has the bad tank of fuel already been consumed and refilled at another station? If so, bad fuel would likely be the cause of the problem even if the fuel samples test clean. And also likely the reason that Ford is ignoring clean fuel tests. They probably know the damage was done before the current fuel was ever put in the tank.

DDRaptor

Reaction score
You know I thought about that to. However when you think out it how long does that rust take to get there. Where is the oxygen coming from to create rust. So most likely wont be in that tank my thoughts.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Jonnydime

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure one of the guys on here pulled the vcv or whatever is on the rail on a brand new truck and there was rust on it. I could be wrong though as it was awhile a go.

sootie

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure one of the guys on here pulled the vcv or whatever is on the rail on a brand new truck and there was rust on it. I could be wrong though as it was awhile a go.

Yep. Duston did back in 2013 or thereabouts

DDRaptor

Reaction score
Thats ford for you they probably install them that way. Hate to be that way, but this situation is bs

SDER1

Reaction score
Definitely not trying to derail OP's topic, but any thoughts on use of the Exergy CP4.2 Inlet Metering Valve? Found it browsing the web and crosschecked it on a couple vendors for availability, averaging $240.00. Apparently the valve is updated with 25 micron rating, double filter screens (OEM single 80 micron screen), which if a CP4 does fail - the valve will collect debris and prevent fueling the engine/shutting it down.

Wondering if this may be a better option for CP4 failures, considering cost and labor involved with the SS Prevention Kit? Still learning my 6.7, since leaving the 6.0 last summer.

DDRaptor

Reaction score
Honestly with what I am going through I am looking at both. Would love to put an inline filter between CP4 and fuel rail tip injectors, or one OB the discharge from the bypass kit to collect metal

Latest posts

Members online