No boost... performance wastegate issue?

Laxman1306

Reaction score
So just got done installing my new motor and was hoping the boost issue I had the last time I started the truck before I tore it down was something wrong with the motor but It’s still not building boost. I did put a scanner on it and got code p2262 and p2263 which is a turbo performance failure... I did try another MAP sensor and it made no difference and the EBP sensor is working fine... I split the turbos and replace the gaskets between them and the seals that go through the elbow and small pipe under the fuel cooler.... the turbos seemed fine and spun freely and had now slop to them but I’m wondering if there is something wrong with the secondary precision turbo set up I have on it... any help with this issue would be great.
This is the set up I have.

04ead2133c2824031e7b33905681b2e3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

sootie

Reaction score
Is your vgt actuator plugged in? Does it do a full sweep when the key is cycled?

Could always remove the waste gate entirely to eliminate the possibility.

Laxman1306

Reaction score
Is your vgt actuator plugged in? Does it do a full sweep when the key is cycled?

Could always remove the waste gate entirely to eliminate the possibility.

The vgt is plugged in and the actuator cycles when the key is turned on

Laxman1306

Reaction score
The vgt is plugged in and the actuator cycles when the key is turned on

Yes the vgt is plugged in and moves as it should.... the truck did this the last time I started it before I pulled the engine for the rebuild.

Laxman1306

Reaction score
So I took the dump pipe off the wastegate last night and no pressure is coming out so that rules out the secondary wastegate issue... so what’s next? I pulled out the ebp sensor and the tube both were clean... cheacked the map sensor again everything is good there... is it possible these turbos are junk?

EPA

Reaction score
So I took the dump pipe off the wastegate last night and no pressure is coming out so that rules out the secondary wastegate issue... so what’s next? I pulled out the ebp sensor and the tube both were clean... cheacked the map sensor again everything is good there... is it possible these turbos are junk?

This doesnt rule out the wastegate. Pressure will be very different at idle then driving down the road.

But I would do a boost leak test on that truck before digging any further.

Laxman1306

Reaction score
This doesnt rule out the wastegate. Pressure will be very different at idle then driving down the road.

But I would do a boost leak test on that truck before digging any further.

It’s not that I’m leaking boost it’s the turbos aren’t even operating and are even trying to spool up

Laxman1306

Reaction score
And I had this issue the last time I ran the truck as well after is sat for a month

Harley-6.4

Reaction score
Well Elite Diesel is sadly out of business and I do not know of anyone to contact for support from Elite. Which part of the United States are you in?

Laxman1306

Reaction score
FIXED. Ended up being the harness going to the ebp sensor... had the scanner hooked up to it and it was showing 4.95 volts... to high... I got underneath and wiggled the wires and boom it dropped right to .72 and the turbos spooled right up... when someone lengthened it they used butt connectors. At least it’s fixed now

Zeb

Reaction score
FIXED. Ended up being the harness going to the ebp sensor... had the scanner hooked up to it and it was showing 4.95 volts... to high... I got underneath and wiggled the wires and boom it dropped right to .72 and the turbos spooled right up... when someone lengthened it they used butt connectors. At least it’s fixed now

Good find!

jordysoso

Reaction score

Not to thread-jack.... but I'm having boost issues too, my voltage is reading at 4.5 or something. Wires lengthened with butt connectors too. What's the way to fix this other than soldering? Getting in that little space cab on is gonna be a pain.

Last edited:

Laxman1306

Reaction score
I trimmed it back to the main harness and made a new length of harness and soldered it back into the harness... I got a new connector from my Napa store echlin part # is EC89... it will plug right into the sensor... just get a wiring diagram and figure out what wire goes to each pin.

Laxman1306

Reaction score
Not to thread-jack.... but I'm having boost issues too, my voltage is reading at 4.5 or something. Wires lengthened with butt connectors too. What's the way to fix this other than soldering? Getting in that little space cab on is gonna be a pain.

I trimmed it back to the main harness and made a new length of harness and soldered it back into the harness... I got a new connector from my Napa store echlin part # is EC89... it will plug right into the sensor... just get a wiring diagram and figure out what wire goes to each pin.

Latest posts

Members online