Navigation in place of a stock radio ?

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
Anybody know anything ?

Yes, however it'll cost more than its worth.. Also sync 1 is mediocre at best.

Put a aftermarket unit in with apple car play/android auto, Alpine, Kenwood etc..

If you want a android based unit, Joying double dins are awesome for what they cost.

Wizbangdoodle

Reaction score
^^What he said. I put a Pioneer head unit in my 6.4 and then ran Android Auto. Worked perfectly.

C2tuck

Reaction score
I’ve had Nav in a couple of cars the wife drove. I never once used it. It’s so much easier to just use my phone if I need directions.

Fr0zenComms

Reaction score
Go the aftermarket route. Car play or android auto basically let your phone take over the stereo screen and give you all the phone features you need on a bigger screen. Plus you get the voice control of you phone not the crappy stereo voice control most give you.

Just my 2 cents.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

MS1

Reaction score
I know this is a late reply but I figure it may help someone with a similar question...

I replaced my 2008 'CD-6' Stock Head Unit with one from a 2011 Lincoln Navigator (Incl Nav). The only hang-up I encountered was that the OEM amplifier in my truck didn't work with the 2011 head unit. I found an OEM amplifier from the same era as the 2011 head unit and it all worked.

Latest posts

Members online