P0088 code ONLY

Connor M

Youtube Certified Master Technician
Reaction score
I’m getting only the p0088 code and reduced power in my truck intermittently.

From reading my options are
1. Reflash the computer at ford
2. Replace the sensor
3. Replace the hpfp
Or like my friends tell me to:
4. Tractor engine swap

Anyone ever had the sensor be the issue or am I pretty much guaranteed needing a hpfp?

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Ive had the sensor and uvc harness fix it a bunch of times. The ones a reflash didnt fix...

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Connor M

Reaction score
Ive had the sensor and uvc harness fix it a bunch of times. The ones a reflash didnt fix...

My only issue with a reflash is I’m tuned, wouldn’t re-tuning the truck after the ford flash undo what ford changed in their programing?

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
My only issue with a reflash is I’m tuned, wouldn’t re-tuning the truck after the ford flash undo what ford changed in their programing?
That I am,not positive on. I do know one of the local shops around here have had me flash a bunch of 6.4s before they tuned them, so they had the latest and greatest, but whether or,not the tunes were written for the new calibration or not, I'm not sure.

sootie

Reaction score
Updating factory programming prior to tuning is a complete waste. Whatever the flash file is you are putting on the truck replaces what was there entirely.

Connor M

Reaction score
I’m trying to see if PPEI can tune for a higher tolerance but they just keep wanting to see 0-failure WOT pulls which are a little hard to get since it is an intermittent issue. I don’t know what that’s gonna do for them but i also don’t know jack about tuning so.
I’m going to tear the valve cover off and switch that sensor out Sunday just to see if that fixes it but i’m not hopeful. I need to go find a crush washer since the napa sensor didn’t come with one and i’ll probably end up cutting up a 1-1/8 wrench to get it on and off, if i can’t find a crowfoot that big.

I’m desperately hoping I don’t have to pull it apart to replace the hpfp. Reading black aod’s thread it looks like alliant is the pump to buy right now. $1300 and probably two weeks later...

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
I’m trying to see if PPEI can tune for a higher tolerance but they just keep wanting to see 0-failure WOT pulls which are a little hard to get since it is an intermittent issue. I don’t know what that’s gonna do for them but i also don’t know jack about tuning so.
I’m going to tear the valve cover off and switch that sensor out Sunday just to see if that fixes it but i’m not hopeful. I need to go find a crush washer since the napa sensor didn’t come with one and i’ll probably end up cutting up a 1-1/8 wrench to get it on and off, if i can’t find a crowfoot that big.

I’m desperately hoping I don’t have to pull it apart to replace the hpfp. Reading black aod’s thread it looks like alliant is the pump to buy right now. $1300 and probably two weeks later...
There isnt a crush washer in the sensor. Id probably return the napa sensor, and throw a ford one on. I also do the sensor and harness in pairs.

Connor M

Reaction score
There isnt a crush washer in the sensor. Id probably return the napa sensor, and throw a ford one on. I also do the sensor and harness in pairs.

Sweet will do, thanks for the tip

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.