What would cause low ICP and low IPR duty cycle?

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
lpo is good. at least the dummy gauge doesn't move.

the IPR dumps the oil back down the front cover and into the pan I believe.

Truck usually fires right back up. Sometimes it runs rough and has no power and will intermittently die out, other times it runs like a raped ape and is good to go for hours or even days before it acts up again.

Tom S

Reaction score
I would hook a manual gauge to make sure the reported readings jive with actual ones.

Arisley

Reaction score
And take a really, really good look at the 42 pin connector. Sounds like it cleaned up for a wile, and when a loose pin in the connector crapped out again from a bad connection, it broke again.

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
Does the truck command higher IPR dc% as icp falls....or does it remain the same?

Yes. You can watch it climb as pressure drops

Maybe a cracked pick up tube

Billy T.
[email protected]

LPO never drops off till the truck shuts off.

I would hook a manual gauge to make sure the reported readings jive with actual ones.

I have a manual gauge hooked to the oil rail on the block and to the driver side hop rail.

And take a really, really good look at the 42 pin connector. Sounds like it cleaned up for a wile, and when a loose pin in the connector crapped out again from a bad connection, it broke again.

I went thru rough this entire harness before it was swapped onto the truck. It was pulled from a running truck and installed on this truck. The original engine harness for this truck is on another truck and working flawlessly now. I will recheck the pins tomorrow though just to be sure.

TARM

Reaction score
Is as it gets warm or does it do it ice cold and warm? If you see % going up and pressure going down athat sounds like the system is working correctly and there is a HPOP oil volume issue. Either the pump not putting out volume properly or a leak bleeding off oil volume and thus pressure. Thoughts on that could be injectors and or its orings, leaking HPOP rail plug etc.

Last edited:

V-Ref

Reaction score
Yes. You can watch it climb as pressure drops

I'd check-

Tighten Hpop gear bolt

Double check that IPR (was it new out of the box, could it now be contaminated, is the tin nut tq'd properly, is the plug in good shape)

Unplug the IPR, and the engine harness at the firewall from the pcm, and ohm the two pins to ground while twisting on the engine harness looking for a short. Do the same thing but with one multimeter lead at the IPR plug and the other at the firewall PCM plug and twist on the engine harness looking for an open.

DZL JIM

Reaction score
l....Truck usually fires right back up. Sometimes it runs rough and has no power and will intermittently die out, other times it runs like a raped ape and is good to go for hours or even days before it acts up again.

Sounds very familiar.

We found a questionable IPR pigtail and replaced that, but haven't heard if the truck is still acting up.
In fact it only acted up when the customer brought us the truck. It didn't do it for us for the several days we had it.

Keep me posted and I'll do the same.

miamipowerdiesel

Reaction score
did u disconnect the icp and try it ? with the icp disconnected rail will read desired and thatll check if icp is bad

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Sill dies. I can watch the the ipr % climb past 68% then the psi fall to 380 and off.
Gotta give us specifics bud. Like miles on injectors or hpop or ipr or icp or everything you can think of. Without looking at a scan tool, its hard to diagnose.

live life full throttle

Rodslinger

Reaction score
Gotta give us specifics bud. Like miles on injectors or hpop or ipr or icp or everything you can think of. Without looking at a scan tool, its hard to diagnose.

live life full throttle

Fresh build. All parts have about 15/20 min of run Time. New hpop (adrenaline) new remain rosewoods 238/100 new ipr cps and icp. All oem ford and all have been swapped back with know good ones. Truck will start and runs smooth till about 130* of oil temp then it shuts down. Will restart but dies after a few seconds.

Petro

Reaction score
Are you running any sort of oil additive to help break in the engine by chance? Ran into a similar problem a few years back. Rebuilt an engine and added a small bottle of "break in" zinc additive to the oil. It would do the same, hit a certain temp and just randomly die. Some days it would run fine, the next day it would die. This one was very random and inconsistent. Took a week of swapping parts before I eventually changed the oil and just like that the problem was solved. Don't know how oil could be this inconsistent, but it was.

Rodslinger

Reaction score
Are you running any sort of oil additive to help break in the engine by chance? Ran into a similar problem a few years back. Rebuilt an engine and added a small bottle of "break in" zinc additive to the oil. It would do the same, hit a certain temp and just randomly die. Some days it would run fine, the next day it would die. This one was very random and inconsistent. Took a week of swapping parts before I eventually changed the oil and just like that the problem was solved. Don't know how oil could be this inconsistent, but it was.

No. Additives. 15/40 rottela had Driven assembly lube used but no others products

Latest posts

Members online