Rebuild . Zero compression #2 cylinder

fridaysoff

Reaction score
2010 F350 Dually . ******* tuned. S&B cold air. AFE 5 inch downpipe back .. Long story short failed injector was looking for some ideas on how to improve this engine while it's apart as far as rebuild goes I'm sure the list is long but I'm looking at maybe better pistons and bearings .. ARP studs are a for sure thing .. I'm doing most the work myself and not on a huge time constraint the shortblock will be sent away for analysis and rebuild to a diesel shop but I also want to do the surrounding work myself while it's gone .. any extra advice would be great and thank you in advance !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sootie

Reaction score
Just get maxxforce 7 pistons from any number of sponsors on this site, upgraded lifters from sideaction and check the rocker assemblies for wear when it's apart.
If one injector failed, have them sent out to RCD to be tested. Also cut your upper fuel filter apart and check for fine shiny flakes.

fridaysoff

Reaction score
What is RCD... I'm located in Canada also .. Alberta

fridaysoff

Reaction score
Looks like a great place .. now here's a question .. so I've heard that if one injector fails the rest might follow after .. due to making up for the one good one .. I also heard this from a person who owns a 6.0 which is different injectors .. is it worth it to just buy all new and be done with it or have them tested and buy just the one injector ??

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
I'd look into a completely new fuel system. Chances are there is metal debris everywhere. New pump, rails injectors,

fridaysoff

Reaction score
Hence looking for fine shiny flakes as sootie said in the upper filter ... good to know .. this is definitely a learning curve for me but want to make sure all steps are taken before the end of it

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
From the tank forward, the system has to be replaced or flushed. Low side pump, fuel cooler, rails, sensors, secondary bowl, feed lines all replaced

sootie

Reaction score
Where in Alberta. Jordan @ Dirty Diesels in Sylvan Lake is good people...

AirFishAutomotive

Reaction score
Where in Alberta. Jordan @ Dirty Diesels in Sylvan Lake is good people...

if an injector hung open i highly doubt it sent metal through the whole system.

do what sootie said and go with hd pistons
we offer the same style lifter for half the cost at the same quality as SDP (unsure where they got there pricing from)
do a set of push rods since its apart
arp's

As far as the injectors go I would replace the one complete side that way they are done and you dont have to pop the valve cover open again

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
But..... Metal probably Hung the injector open...... So there's metal in the system.

fridaysoff

Reaction score
I'm actually located in Rocky Mountain House .. 40 mins from sylvan lake .. as for the rest of the info thanks a bunch .. I think the main problem came from the injector and then burnt my piston or cylinder.. I hope the piston ... is ceramic coating worth the cost with a 6.4 ?? Pros and cons would be appreciated

sootie

Reaction score
yes ceramic coating is worth it esp when a lot of race tunes for the six four spray out of the bowl....

fridaysoff

Reaction score
So what I ended up doing was buying a donor truck ... slightly less km .. dropped the engine in and got money for the core on the broken unit and parted out the rest of the donor truck .. 4 months goes by ...bolts shear off the connecting rod and half the clamp is in the oil pan and the other half is jammed in the #6 cylinder bore ... truck sold for $5000 CAD “as is “ I wasn’t putting a 4th engine in it .. sorry fellas but I’m a Cummins owner now haha 2012 6.7 mega cab

Reaction score
Give us a call at the shop and we can test flow and reman your injectors. we can do cummins, duramax ,denso, Siemens,for the most part anything common rail. if we see metal we can go a different route as well..

Last edited:

Shafer171

Reaction score
if an injector hung open i highly doubt it sent metal through the whole system.

do what sootie said and go with hd pistons
we offer the same style lifter for half the cost at the same quality as SDP (unsure where they got there pricing from)
do a set of push rods since its apart
arp's

As far as the injectors go I would replace the one complete side that way they are done and you dont have to pop the valve cover open again

BE CAREFUL!

Latest posts

Members online