Bad wheel bearing?

clayholz

Reaction score
Hey all, I've been having an issue with my front driver (what appears to be) wheel on my 1997 F250 2wd and I want to make sure its a bad wheel bearing before I tear it all apart. Firstly, at low speeds on the highway and especially in traffic the truck shakes decently bad, but for the most part corrects itself as I speed up, however there is still vibration there even at highway speed, I even feel this in the accelerator pedal, but not so much in the steering wheel. Another thing I have noticed is when I pass 50mph I start to notice a clicking noise from the front wheel, sort of like if you put a playing card in a bike wheel would be the best way I could describe it. Although not always accurate, when i jack the truck up and perform the shake test I dont notice hardly any play at all. Not sure what else it could besides the bearing but am definitely open to opinions.
Thanks for any input!

Reaction score
I would probably disassemble that front hub and look at the bearings and races since its 2wd. If it's that bad, you should be able to see (and possibly feel) it. Cheers!

Latest posts

Members online