Lowering a 99-04 leaf spring 4x4

Strokersace

Reaction score
Considering pulling the 2” rear blocks on the Dually and need to address the front if I do.

Truck has a good stance (front to rear proportionally) with stock suspension. V’s in the front and C’s in the rear with 2” factory block. Just thinking about dropping it down 2” all the way around. I loved how my 08 Dually was at the lowered height.

How do I tackle the front? Excursion front springs? Can it be done at all? Idk. I remember Swinky or whatever his name was on here having an 03 king ranch that he “lowered” but can’t remember what he did to achieve it.

Strokersace

Reaction score
Doing some research today on the computer as the search works better than on tapatalk. Swinky had warn out stock front springs and removed several leaf as well as the block in the rear. There's several older threads about using Ex front springs, but don't see anyone that actually did it and posted results.

The V code fronts that are in the truck are 5200 lbs. The U Code are 4800's and the T codes are 4000. I'd assume that the T's and U's came from gas trucks of that era and possibly Excursions. Problem is finding some that aren't completely toast!

Based on lowering my 08, 4400 coils in the front and no rear block dropped it 2" from stock. That truck had 6000 front coils. Rear is measured at 1.5" higher than the front which looks "level" due to the body lines of the truck.

Stands to reason that if I can find some used U code front springs and pull my rear block, I'll have the same outcome.

Anyone have a set of stock T Code or U Code front leaf springs you'd let me buy?

Strokersace

Reaction score
These are the spring codes off an 02 Excursion. I found the same codes up to 05.

D code front. G code rear.

I haven’t searched yet but any idea what spring rate these “D” code front are?

They were under diesels

Strokersace

Reaction score
Bringing this back up...

I found that the front springs from a v10 excursion are 4300lb springs. C code I believe. Found a guy local that had one he’s parting out but the springs went with the front axle. However he has the factory springs off his 02 excursion diesel he replaced some time ago with aftermarket. 165k miles on them. So they’d be the 4700lb springs.

Price is excellent and he’s 30 miles away. So I’m going to pick them up this weekend. Probably won’t so anything with swapping them for some time as I have other things to do 1st. I’ll keep the stock fronts in case I don’t like how it rides lowered!

Strokersace

Reaction score
Well I acquired the ex front springs but may not be installing them on the Dually. Instead I’m going to lower my uncle’s 2000 v10 he just bought. He’s a horse shoer and needs it to be lower.

I on the other hand am going to be doing an 08 front and rear suspension swap. Will be cheaper that rebuilding both of my axles as I already have the front setup and all the wheels. Just need a rear axle.

If I end up lowering his pickup, I’ll post pictures to show the difference.

Zeb

Reaction score
Well I acquired the ex front springs but may not be installing them on the Dually. Instead I’m going to lower my uncle’s 2000 v10 he just bought. He’s a horse shoer and needs it to be lower.

I on the other hand am going to be doing an 08 front and rear suspension swap. Will be cheaper that rebuilding both of my axles as I already have the front setup and all the wheels. Just need a rear axle.

A dually lowered 2” with 285’s or 305’s looks awesome. :thumbup:

lincolnlocker

Reaction score

What's the benefit of swapping the rear?

live life full throttle

Strokersace

Reaction score
A dually lowered 2” with 285’s or 305’s looks awesome. :thumbup:

I’m going to look at some 255/80’s for the stock 17” Dually wheels after I get it on the ground again. They are 33” x 10”.

I need to get a thread started on my ownership and transformation of this truck!

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Bolt pattern. The duallies went to 8x200 in 05. And with the bigger brakes, 17” wheels all around. I need to research to see if the true track can be swapped to the newer axle.
Yep. Forgot about the bolt pattern and bigger brakes. Other than that, the inner should be the same i believe.

Yes. You should start a transformation thread.

live life full throttle

Latest posts

Members online