Cracked hood

j.r

Reaction score
I recently bought bought a used 2018 platinum and when I got home I noticed the hood was cracked by the latch. I stop drilled the cracks and put jb weld on it for now but I dont think it will hold. Has anyone seen this on other trucks? It did have a bug guard on it so I'm thinking that may have started the cracking.

Attachments

• 20190921_164442.jpg
    20190921_164442.jpg
    721.7 KB · Views: 164

ckrueg

Reaction score
I recently bought bought a used 2018 platinum and when I got home I noticed the hood was cracked by the latch. I stop drilled the cracks and put jb weld on it for now but I dont think it will hold. Has anyone seen this on other trucks? It did have a bug guard on it so I'm thinking that may have started the cracking.
Is it no longer under warranty

Sent from my LM-V450 using Tapatalk

j.r

Reaction score
Sadly its out of factory warranty and I didnt get the extended warranty.

j.r

Reaction score
It has about 58,500 miles on it. I assumed body panels would only be covered in the bumper to bumper warranty. I asked the dealer about it the day I saw it and was told they couldn't do anything about it. If they're covered longer than factory warranty then I will definitely be going back there to see what I can do.

suprhlr

Reaction score
This has nothing to do with the bug guard. these cracks are there from the draw die, thinning of metal in the draw process coming from the stamping plant. This obviously got missed in QC

FourEyed

Reaction score
Could just be the pic, but it kind of looks like over spray on the hood bumpers? Maybe previous owner bumped into something and did some body work?

j.r

Reaction score
The reason I think the bug guard has something to do with it is because the hood had a bad shake with it on cruising at 75. It still shakes a little bit with it off, but not as bad as it did with it on. The hood bumpers are just dirty.. no overspray that I'm aware of.

Latest posts

Members online