Replacement uppipe suggestions

GW03X

Reaction score
I believe I'm needing my uppipes repaired or replaced due to severe turbo lag. I was looking at the bd uppipes or having vibrant replacement on factory ones. What is everyone using? Also, my engine is 03 so either add 05 heatshield or contemplating leaving off and just wrap them

GW03X

Reaction score
Yeah, their intakes do look good. Do you have any pics or info on the uppipes? The website says they have updated them and I'm curious how they incorporatedo the egr ******. Thanks for info

AirFishAutomotive

Reaction score
bd up pipes and manifolds or cheaper alternative is the mbrp up pipes, used about a dozen sets so far with no failures, nice pieces

SLYTAPEX

Reaction score
NY, not the urban cesspool, the part that sticks o
Trying to upload a picture so....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 111

powerlifter405

Reaction score
I've heard of others having issues with fitment with mbrp. You didn't experience that?

I had issues w/ mine. Turbo on, turbo off, turbo loosened up. Pedestal on, off, loosened up, etc, etc, Mine were a complete PIA, including the 2nd set they sent me. I could swap the factorys back and forth without any issue, at night in under 45 min. My last MBRP try took both sat and sun, constant fiddling to get things "ok" so they would work.

If I ever have a problem I'll order new bellows and find a local shop to cut/weld the new ones in or I'll go w/ a different vendor.

GW03X

Reaction score
Thanks for all the feedback and info. I plan on tearing into it in a few weeks and see what all I need. Thanks again

Latest posts

Members online