Turbo bigger than a 38R?

mikeeg02

Reaction score
Any news on this? Just lost the turbo in my 02 the other day.

The brand new turbo designs are out and being tested... results are starting to come in. We are going to make a new thread when we get more data.

As long as testing continues to go well, we should have them up for sale sometime this summer.

If you can wait. I'd find a used stocker and wait for them to release this. It will be worth your while. Even over their kc38r. IMO

KM0PT

Reaction score
Going to be putting in 210/200, single shot, probably going to start somewhat mild with the tuning until I get the forged rods put in there.

Thanks for the update KC!

mikeeg02

Reaction score
Going to be putting in 210/200, single shot, probably going to start somewhat mild with the tuning until I get the forged rods put in there.

Thanks for the update KC!

If you're still running stock fuel now, then find a used stocker until they release this new one, otherwise if you want new up-pipes and such I would go with the sxe line in a T4. Also, if you're going to a 200% nozzle, theres no reason not to get the 250cc body. ( 250/200s) That setup seems to be a pretty good match, and there isnt much reason IMO to run anything less with a 200 nozzle. The tuning will set your power level. A 250/200 can injects as little fuel as a 200/200. Its just in the tuning. (if you are set on a 200% nozzle.)

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
If you're still running stock fuel now, then find a used stocker until they release this new one, otherwise if you want new up-pipes and such I would go with the sxe line in a T4. Also, if you're going to a 200% nozzle, theres no reason not to get the 250cc body. ( 250/200s) That setup seems to be a pretty good match, and there isnt much reason IMO to run anything less with a 200 nozzle. The tuning will set your power level. A 250/200 can injects as little fuel as a 200/200. Its just in the tuning. (if you are set on a 200% nozzle.)
add a disclaimer when stating that a 200% is the way to go because 9 times out of 10 it will require live tuning to get it to run the way it should...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

KM0PT

Reaction score
They are going in at the same time as the turbo, though I may still just throw a stocker in if I can find one. Already have bellowed uppies.

Going to try my hand at DIYing a set. Avoiding going from AAs to hybrids saves over $500. What ever I get out of the build will be far better than the original sticks with 320,000 miles.

psduser1

Reaction score
If you can wait. I'd find a used stocker and wait for them to release this. It will be worth your while. Even over their kc38r. IMO
I've got a couple stockers on the floor, ready to go, if you decide to go that route.
Cheap. Good used condition, just replaced them with 38r s.

mikeeg02

Reaction score
add a disclaimer when stating that a 200% is the way to go because 9 times out of 10 it will require live tuning to get it to run the way it should...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Ill agree with that for sure. Also, IIRC the larger you go, the more likely it is they are to crack. Not saying any of them are prone to it, just that it seemed like it can happen a more often with larger nozzles. I could be wrong though.

superpsd

Reaction score
I've talked to a couple of builders about 200% nozzles cracking as I thought I had a cracked nozzle that was another issue with an injector a couple of months back. There have been very few 200s that have came back cracked from what I've been told. The 400s however have been more prone to cracking.

mikeeg02

Reaction score
I've talked to a couple of builders about 200% nozzles cracking as I thought I had a cracked nozzle that was another issue with an injector a couple of months back. There have been very few 200s that have came back cracked from what I've been told. The 400s however have been more prone to cracking.

Maybe that was the case. Either way, as precise as fueling starts to become with a 200% nozzle, I'd be hard pressed to convince myself to make that a DIY project. Without the ability to balance and test them.

superpsd

Reaction score
DIY is a gamble without a flow bench. You can always pay to have a set flowed but once you pay for all the parts, the time you take and flow testing your not going to save that much. If you start with a complete bran new set you will not have to deal with worn out oil sides. I've been successful with the DIY route but I've torn down a few by now.

Last edited:

KM0PT

Reaction score
DIY is a gamble without a flow bench. You can always pay to have a set flowed but once you pay for all the parts, the time you take and flow testing your not going to save that much. If you start with a complete bran new set you will not have to deal with worn out oil sides. I've been successful with the DIY route but I've torn down a few by now.

With 160k on the AO injectors that will be operated on, I am expecting to have to do some minor machining on the oil side to bring them back into spec.

Anything I put together will be a whole lot better, I would expct, than the originals with 320k on them.

KM0PT

Reaction score
So right now...

As it stands I can go with a used 38r, or build a van turbo with a 66mm compressor while I am waiting.

It sounds like a used 38r may be the best way to go given the fact that there will be minimal depreciation on it over 10-20k miles.

Any thoughts/suggestions?

I am prepared to just scrap the DIY idea if they turn out poorly and either get some used sticks or go with new casserlys.

superpsd

Reaction score
It's going to take some machining to stroke the A codes to 200cc+. Going to need big oil to run them also. Large stroked A codes with large nozzles are oil thirsty. You can make an 238cc hybrid without cutting. From what I gathered a AC code piston and 7.1mm P&B from a BD code will create a 238cc hybrid. Build the injectors first and detune them to live with the stock turbo and upgrade as you can.

Last edited:

KM0PT

Reaction score
It's going to take some machining to stroke the A codes to 200cc+. Going to need big oil to run them also. Large stroked A codes with large nozzles are oil thirsty. You can make an 238cc hybrid without cutting. From what I gathered a AC code piston and 7.1mm P&B from a BD code will create a 238cc hybrid. Build the injectors first and detune them to live with the stock turbo and upgrade as you can.

..... Maybe I'll drop the 500 on a new set of P&B... hell... At that point I may as well ship them off to PIS who sold me the pistons(used ebay deal)... we shall see here real soon.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.