Odd shifting

17evanscolton

Reaction score
When shifting into 3rd and 4th gear I can run the rpms up and when it shifts into 3rd or 4th it really lugs itself out still continues to pull but isn't right almost like the converter is unlocking and locking or the transmission and converter are locking up at the same time when shifting

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

17evanscolton

Reaction score
That's what I thought it just seemed a little odd because I have another 7.3 with the same tranny and it doesnt do that it just really lugs itself out when it up shifts just seemed odd to me

17evanscolton

Reaction score
Mine is the 4r100 my dad has the same transmission​ and it shift fine but his is a 2002 mine is a 1999 it just doesn't seem right to me could it be the valve body?

dsberman94

Reaction score
As mark said, there's multiple different shift strategies which depend on production year. Mark had stuff to do with the development of Ford transmission up to a certain year. It's very rare that he's wrong on things like this.

As he said. Custom tuning can change it. I've got a couple different strategies on my custom tunes.

17evanscolton

Reaction score
Would a JW VB help this at all everyone I talk says they help a bunch and if so do I have to have a specific tune for this ?

dsberman94

Reaction score
It's a tuning issue in the computer. Therefore it can be solved with a tune only. Nothing else is required to fix it. Not a new valve body, not a new transmission, or engine, or tires, or fuel filter, or anything else. A simple tune where you tell them what it's doing, and what you want it to do, then they give you what you want.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.