Nitto Ridge Grappler, Exo Grapplers or Toyo RT

NCSU dirt man

Reaction score
Has anybody ran any of these tires on a newer superduty making mild power even? The original Terra Grapplers & the Toyo AT's did pretty well on our older fleet of 6.0's with just your usual bulletproofing mods and tow tunes; we usually could get about 45k miles if we rotated them every so often between towing most days and driving on construction sites. But between my 6.7 and dad's newer 6.7 as well as a 6.4 F-450 (all of them with some basic/minor mods for power & fuel efficiency) we can't seem to make them last as long anymore (maybe 30k miles or so). So I was looking at the newer Nitto Ridge & Exo Grapplers as well as the Toyo RT. I've heard people say they love the Toyo RT because it's quiet. I'm not really sold on the tread pattern's look of the RT nor am I on the Exo Grappler but they do both seem to be a mix of an AT and MT pattern. Has anybody ran them with much experience as far as towing and milder performance 6.7 mods go? The newer/unreleased sizes of the Ridge Grapplers caught my eye as some will come with a Load Range F rating which would be nice when towing the Kubota mini excavator on a 22' Kaufman or picking up precast concrete pieces as well. I'm not looking for a tire to last 60k miles with the abuse we put them through but if there's options that offer the same stability when towing, better traction in mud and sand plus the tread wear isn't any worse then I'd rather buy that tire. Here in NC we rarely ever get snow and most of the time i'm just looking for on road tread wear with decent capability when on a muddy or sand job site. Any input on any of the tires is greatly appreciated. thanks guys

powerjoke4life

Reaction score
In cause I am looking into the Ridge Grapplers and the Exo Grapplers. I have ruled out the RT just because they seemed to have a much higher price tag

Notneb

Reaction score
Are you set on RT's? I run Toyo AT2's *xtremes* on my work truck *'08 6.7 Cummins* and they tow 20k just fine. Tons of sand out here, never had any issues, no hop or anything. And I can't hear the tires at all unless I'm up around 80mph, and even then it's hard to tell if it's tires or wind noise.

Sorry if you're not interested just figured I'd throw that out there!

If you can't see the sig: H&S tuned, missing emissions, 5" exhaust, AFE intake, 35" Toyo AT2's on stock 17's, Bilstein 5100's and a Carli high mount stabilizer.

Last edited:

NCSU dirt man

Reaction score
Are you set on RT's? I run Toyo AT2's *xtremes* on my work truck *'08 6.7 Cummins* and they tow 20k just fine. Tons of sand out here, never had any issues, no hop or anything. And I can't hear the tires at all unless I'm up around 80mph, and even then it's hard to tell if it's tires or wind noise.

Sorry if you're not interested just figured I'd throw that out there!

If you can't see the sig: H&S tuned, missing emissions, 5" exhaust, AFE intake, 35" Toyo AT2's on stock 17's, Bilstein 5100's and a Carli high mount stabilizer.

I'm not opposed to the AT2's but it just seems they haven't lasted as well on our newer trucks. Dad's got a set on his newer 2015 truck now and they just haven't quite lived up to his expectations (nor mine either but I think I may be expecting more than I should out of tires with 3/4 & 1 ton trucks). But I mean the AT2's are better IMO than the G2 Terra Grapplers I have now. I think part of it may be since I deleeted and tuned the truck I find myself racing around town a little more too nowadays with light tire spin on this PIP street tune if I'm not careful haha. Idk I just want to get the best bang for my buck next time and I don't think these Terra Grappler G2's are it

dsberman94

Reaction score
AT2s off the lot seem to be a different compound than the ones you buy. Or they just come with less tread. Heard that from the guys I buy my tires from as well as I believe I remember reading it on here. I'm currently running my first ever set of open country AT2 tires. Due for a rotation shortly and I'm going to have them check to see how much more the rears are worn than the fronts. Haven't had a set of tires do that yet either. Fronts always wore faster than the rears for me.

leland88

Reaction score
I have cooper st max. 295/70/18 there 4000 lbs rating per tire. I have 30k miles. The back are at 45% and the front are at 70%. They see about 60% highway and 40% lease roads. I have towed (not heavy or very often 10k 5000miles) and I use to have a sled deck on the truck. I'm happy with the wear. There pretty quite aswell. In my family we have cooper st maxx on 2 trucks and St pros on 1

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

HOUTX01X

Reaction score
I have the at2 they have been great. I rotate them regularly and keep them at proper psi. I have to have at least 50k miles on them. I'm anticipating them lasting until next feb or so.

So probably another 10k

Notneb

Reaction score
I run 45F/40R unloaded, 60psi towing. Seem to last me just fine, but it's a mix of off/on road too. My SS M16's last forever, but they're also as loud as WW2 Air raid sirens at anything over 30mph...

NCSU dirt man

Reaction score
Seeing that other thread where the guy is running 37's on 17's with a 2.5" Carli setup makes my inner irresponsibility want to do the same with my truck & 2.5" Icon kit haha. but those 37's would be massive & a lot more tire to turn than my current 295's

Notneb

Reaction score
Seeing that other thread where the guy is running 37's on 17's with a 2.5" Carli setup makes my inner irresponsibility want to do the same with my truck & 2.5" Icon kit haha. but those 37's would be massive & a lot more tire to turn than my current 295's

Gotta ask yourself: Do want a badass riding truck that gets 3mpg less, or do you need that 3mpg so you can buy more flat billed hats and Instagram stickers... :p

Coolbeans

Reaction score
Reviving an old thread here but I am wondering if anyone else has recommendations between the ridge and the exo. I am at the end of life of my trail grapplers. I currently have 35x12.5x20's and am likely getting the same size. I live in Canada so a little better winter performance is good. One thing is that the ridge grapplers in this size are a 12 ply tire and the exo's a 10. Will the 12 ply ride that much worse?

Also wondering if my ride would improve much by going with an 18 inch rim. I have the carli pintop 2.5" setup

Thanks for any input!

Buck1

Reaction score
I run the Toyo RTs on the back of my dually in 37s on milled 22s and have approx 34k miles and am tickled with the wear and stability they provide. The do sing a little, but I am really pleased. I expect to get 50k or better out of them. Truck weighs about 13k in daily driving form. The are more stable than some Toyos I had on 19.5s. Bought new Terra G2s for wife truck and not thrilled with them.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

HeavyAssault

Reaction score
Running the EXO here in stock size. No complaints other than they are louder than you may expect from this sudo AT tire. I got them to be ready for any sort of snow/ice that may happen. The thread pattern is quite nice for anything but deep sticky mud.

Reaction score
I just got my second set of RTs installed. I was looking at the Ridge Grapplers but they were $50 a tire more expensive for 37s. I pulled my tires off at 46k miles with 6/32nds tread. I have been impressed with this tire and the uncertanty of treadlife with the Nitto made my decision easy.

ToddP

Reaction score
I run hancook dynapro at's price is better and they are a much stouter tire than bfg & nitto. I've never ran Toyos but the price is so much better on the hancooks i probably never will. They hold together in the rocks and quiet.

powerjoke4life

Reaction score
I run hancook dynapro at's price is better and they are a much stouter tire than bfg & nitto. I've never ran Toyos but the price is so much better on the hancooks i probably never will. They hold together in the rocks and quiet.

Dynopros are a better offered tire but stouter I would say without a doubt nitto tires are much more stout

Latest posts

Members online