BUILD - RCD Longblock/Elite Single

WhiteMamba_Scorpion

Reaction score
Looking good Pete.

Thank you sir.

Damn, that's awesome haha

I wasn't going for 6th but it got sideways in 4th and didn't have a chance to lock out 5th and 6th lol... oh well

Pete I've got some 80%'s on my desk you could probably steal if you needed more horsepowers..

Hey I asked how much and you said overkill for me... denied

Looks good

Thanks man. Congrats on the new job.

Nice Pete!

Not too shabby for a single 68mm haha.

WhiteMamba_Scorpion

Reaction score
Shameless bump... been about 3 months since the 6th gear burnout. Paul Cato brought his Mustang Dyno to my neck of the woods this past weekend so I decided to throw it back on the dyno. I haven't changed much of anything other than I put some stock 20s back on the truck. Weather was perfect and the truck ran great. Put down 766hp - 1552tq on the 1st pull. Lost a couple hp/tq on the 2nd pull due to heat soaking it so no point in a 3rd pull. Didn't feel like spraying it since I wouldn't win the dyno anyway and I'm not breaking any records obviously so no point. I believe the truck can back these numbers up at the track with a good launch. My previous slip of 110.19mph (8300lbs) puts me at about 750. With a good launch and a 110.5 trap speed that would back up a 760hp. I think it is doable with some better tires that hook. The stock converter is still holding and the trans still shifts firm. Paul Cato even mentioned how well the truck shifts and spools with the tuning (PCI tunes from Morgan).

This has definitely turned out to be an extremely reliable setup for someone who daily drives and goes on road trips all over but still wants to have a rowdy truck on the weekend. IMHO this setup is the ultimate hp range for a reliable strong truck. The motor and trans have been beat on for going on 3 years with no major mechanical issues other than exploding the factory e locker. I would eventually like to see what the truck can do with more fuel but at this time it will probably be done. I would like to conquer some other personal goals first. So I would say the build is done (For awhile at least). Unless anything major breaks I don't foresee myself posting updates. I know its not a game changer or Dyno King but I like to think I helped the guys out looking for a reliable mid range hp truck.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6V-SOLqpST8&t=21s

Attachments

• 20170923_134909.jpg
    20170923_134909.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 106

CATDiezel

Reaction score
It almost looks 17ish. Door emblems. Black match between windows.... maybe a contestent for 17 front clip!

Smokun

Reaction score
Am I the only one that thinks that having a truck on that incline while pulling hp runs is a bad idea for oil pressure and well /everything that’s turning

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WhiteMamba_Scorpion

Reaction score
Am I the only one that thinks that having a truck on that incline while pulling hp runs is a bad idea for oil pressure and well /everything that’s turning

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
If there was any concern I wouldn't put my truck on it. I've turned down a ton of dynos for stuff most people ignore.

Sent from my Galaxy S7

PDT1081

Reaction score
What exactly are you thinking that incline would cause harm to???

If the oil pickup is in the rear of the pan, there is a possibility of all the oil running away from it, which would starve the system for oil, and boom.

I have no idea what a 6.7 looks like inside the pan.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.