weird issue after e fuel install

ghohouston

Reaction score
So last weekend I finished my e fuel install, sd bowl, sd lines, hpop resovoir, etc.. with a riff raff frx. On the initial test drive, the truck would run good, until you got into it hard. It would start "skipping" or missing. I mean BAD, bad enough it chirps the tires when this happens. It would do it in any gear. My initial thought was air in the fuel system, and me never working on a manual transmission truck, made me think air in the system even more. Fast forward to a week later, truck still doing the same thing. I noticed if I take it easy in first, and second for a bit, it will not skip if I get into the throttle hard, but will do it again if i let the truck sit for a few hours. I've probably put 100 miles on the truck since the install, so the air in the fuel idea isn't looking promising anymore. Any insight? Is this normal for a manual trans truck to do with air in the fuel system? I've worked on hundreds of powerstrokes, but this is the only manua, and the only issue like this I've dealt with.

ghohouston

Reaction score
It is set up EXACTLY like a sd, with a riff raff frx, so yes one line per head feed, one line per head return. I'm uploading videos now. No I have not verified the fuel pressure, but it wouldn't make sense to me that pressure would be low, and then somehow ruse up after a few miles. Stranger things have happened though. Videos are uploading now, and will post once uploaded.

ghohouston

Reaction score
Truck had a cps code, I suppose that could cause the issue. Although I find it strange it would happen at the exact same I swapped to e fuel. If/ when I ever get a day off, ill swap it and report back

bluedge8

Reaction score
check the air intake for cracks, I have seen boots on an intake cracked almost half way around but in the bottom of the pleat so you didn't notice it, then when you stand on it, it bucks and jerks hard to figure out if you haven't seen it before. Or fuel system with a leak, sucking air?

ghohouston

Reaction score
The intake doesn't have cracks, I've seen too many of them crack, so I'm always anal about checking them everytime I remove them, and even if it was i dont possibly see how it would cause the jerking/ bucking, ive worked on ALOT of 7.3's, and never have i dealt with an issue quite like mine. The sucking air crossed my mind, but I don't possibly see how/where it could suck air from. Everytime I've dealt with a diesel sucking air through a fuel line, it would barely idle, but would be fine once you revved it up, but that was on an n14 cummins...

Swaan

Reaction score
That does not sound like a fuel issue at all. Sounds like tps or map sensor causing it to cut out. Just for giggles. Try unplugging the map sensor and going for a rip and see if it still does it. Also check connection on ipr also.

Swaan

Reaction score
It's not cracked boots. Boost leak will not cause that.
It's electrical issue causing the PCM to cut fuel. Electrical meaning tps,map,cps or ipr.

ghohouston

Reaction score
Everything hooked up like factory on the motor, obviously I had to splice into the hard metal line on the frame though. Ill get some pics

ghohouston

Reaction score
21kkmmr.jpg

2zszio4.jpg

257zmrp.jpg

ghohouston

Reaction score
I had to install a super duty hpop line in the passenger side due to clearence issues with the obs line, had to cut the bracket the ebps attatched to, and will soon swap to the sd style ebps line that mounts on the hpop bolt inspection cover. I still need to clean my wires up, and actually install the realy in the fusebox. I decided to not run my relay off an oil pressure switch, because frankly I think its silly. It sure is nuce to be able to get to the valley of then engine now though. I can actually remove the ipr now without removing anything else

ghohouston

Reaction score
And the obs harness fits a little tight against the bowl, notice how the wire to the oil temp sensor is stretched across the bowl. All in all it was definitely worth it though

Got4wd

Reaction score
Thanks for the pics. Do you have a parts list? I'm not a fan of all the extra filters under the truck. I have the newer front cover so I can change it out like you did.

Latest posts

Members online