Rear ABS after 10.5 conversion

joedown

Reaction score
Is the rear ABS system necessary after doing a 10.5 rear end to disc brakes?

rusty1161

Reaction score
I still have mine, and it works/functional. Whether it's necessary or not is up to you. I don't see any reason to mess with it or eliminate it right now. If the ABS has any problems in the future, I'm pretty sure I will just eliminate it.

Rusty

FrankTheTank

Reaction score
You mean the RABS? in my opinion just bypass the brake line around it. Leave it plugged in so you don't get a light on the dash.

You will get a better peddle but more importantly did you change the porportioning valve on the MC to one for disk rear brakes?

joedown

Reaction score
You mean the RABS? in my opinion just bypass the brake line around it. Leave it plugged in so you don't get a light on the dash.

You will get a better peddle but more importantly did you change the porportioning valve on the MC to one for disk rear brakes?

I haven't done the conversion yet but I was wondering about that part since in the articles I've ready it isn't really mentioned that I've seen. Also after I did a dash harness swap my ABS light has been on so I was wondering if the whole ABS thing could be eliminated with having rear disk brakes or if it's still a good thing.

Latest posts

Members online