Autoenginuity won't communicate

PABowhunter

Reaction score
Truck is the one in my signature. Vehicle Interface Type = J1850PWM, Initialization type = Non OBD II Compliant. "Fastmode Can" and "Heartbeat" are not selected.

I keep getting an error message when I try to connect. It tells me that the module is unable to communicate. I called AE and we walked through some possibilities. Double checked pin 16 for 12+ volts, that read 14. Turned truck back to stock programming, didn't do anything. Completely unplugged hydra, didn't do anything.

The strange thing is, that it will communicate with the GEM/Central Timer module, but it won't communicate with anything else.

AE tech thought that it may be an open circuit somewhere else in the truck. I checked fuses and everything looked okay at a glance.

Has anybody else experienced this before? Anything else I'm missing?

PABowhunter

Reaction score
Yes. Tried that as well as a little shot of CRC contact cleaner. Still not working for me.

I'm going to try and find someone else with IDS and see if it's a problem on the truck side or software side.

mikeeg02

Reaction score
Did you try a different usb port ? Shouldn't make a difference. But certain ports on my computer won't work. Can't explain it any better than that. I have more issues trying to use AE then I should. As much as it cost, it just pisses me off. Where in PA are you? I have it and one of those elm adapters, I live in milroy, work in bellefonte. May be we can see if mine will read it.

Jomax

Reaction score
Sometimes the USB port is the problem or your USB wire.

Forscan seems better the small amount of time I used it vs AE.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PABowhunter

Reaction score
I'll switch usb ports when I get home.

I'm in the Reading area, so a couple hours from bellefonte.

How does forscan work with 7.3's? It seems to be pretty popular with 6.7's

golfer

Reaction score
silly question...does the vehicle start?

if not....annnnnnd you have no PCM communication...the PCM is probably toast.

mikeeg02

Reaction score
I've used the torque app with my 7.3 to watch check stuff on my phone. I don't think I've tried forscan on it. Only my '12.

PABowhunter

Reaction score
silly question...does the vehicle start?

if not....annnnnnd you have no PCM communication...the PCM is probably toast.

Yes, truck starts and runs.

I've tried to connect while running and while not running.

PABowhunter

Reaction score
Well, I don't know what I did differently this afternoon, but it decided to work.

I started by trying a different usb port and it connected right away. Decided to go back to the original one to try that and it still connected. No idea what the change was from last night and this morning.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.