06 head gasket safe tuner

Diesel625

Reaction score
I recently bought an 06 350 4x4 dually with 275k miles. The truck has been religiously taken care of on the fluids and filters side. I have already installed an oem oil collier after flushing it 6x, coolant filter, Egr ******, cleaned turbo, gutted the cat and ******d muffler on stock exhaust, added the blue spring, and replaced several sensors while doing the oil cooler. I also cleaned the intake. It has always had motorcraft oil and filters changed at 3500 miles. Including the fuel filters at 15k. I changed to Mobil 1 5w40. It's pretty heavy with my welding bed and tools, so id like to do a tuner to gain some of the power back. I'm thinking of getting an sct and run it pretty low on the power, and to turn off the Egr code. At what power level would I be safe without studs. I really don't want to do them yet. I do occasionally tow my 14k gooseneck with it as well. Thanks for any help.

Koda22

Reaction score
from what ive read, you best bet is to get custom tunes for it. They can write a tune for just what you want. Towing head safe, you name it....

OldschoolPSD

Reaction score
SCT with custom tunes is the way to go. I'd be hesitant to call any tune "head gasket safe" though. They didn't even come from the factory "head gasket safe" lol

I ran the gearhed 40hp tow tune on my F-550 and liked it a lot. Truck was studded though.

03_PSD

Reaction score
I'm running gh tunes, usually tow tune with around 21K trouble free miles so far. I also drive sensibly.

Diesel625

Reaction score
Definitely wanted to go with ********. He has some awesome 6.4 tunes that I have ran before. Still run the hot street on the 6.4.

Latest posts

Members online