Help... keep blowing #2 orings

06 f250 man

Reaction score
I recently had my truck down for headstuds, front clip and full interior conversion. I put 8 out of box remans with new hold downs from ford in during the work. I get it all together running Vivian's looney and not even 200 miles I blow oring off of #2. So I put new orings on it and get it back together. Not even 100 miles it does the same thing. So I take injector back to ford and they give me another one outta box with another hold down. I put it in and sure enough it did it again after 150 miles of driving. I'm torqing hold downs to 28ftlbs each time.I had heads surfaced and checked for cracks along with checking injector cups. Im thinking something has to be going on with that cup on #2. Is there anything I can do to verify if it is the cup? Also is it possible to do cup while heads still on truck? I'm considering a new head or the ups. Any input would be greatly appreciated

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Put a straight edge across the top of injectors and see if that one is higher.

06 f250 man

Reaction score
���� thank u. I'll try that later on tonight or tomorrow when I get a sec. if there not would you suggest cup needs replaced?

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Possibly. Is the bottom of the cup clean? Could be warped or scored maybe

06 f250 man

Reaction score
Put a straight edge on them and there all touching at the same point of contact. This has me going crazy trying to figure this out. Had any of you guys changed cups while head was still on motor? If so which tool works best

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
I have changed a few. Ford has a tool that is a big ass tap, then a slide hammer attachment that screws in and you use a slide hammer to remove it. Then there is a driver that looks like an injector for installing the cup.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.